Happy Birthday

MamaInkBottle

request for the above. I couldn't put it in the sentence bc my computer is being weird. this is for her birthday which was like a month ago. I'm so sorry this took forever <3 

Also, this is the 50th chapter??? What??? That's wack man

~~

There were a few days a year that you truly allowed yourself to have a good time. Usually, you got your hopes up and were left disappointed on special occasions- but your birthday was a special, special case. You were determined to enjoy yourself on your birthday; after all, it was a celebration of you. So, regardless of how shitty your day might be or how many people would try and bring you down, you made your birthday special.

So, when Newt told you he had a surprise planned for your coming birthday, it was a nice- and exciting- change from all the work you'd had to do the years before. Newt was thoughtful, sweet, and kind- you could only dream of what he might do to make your birthday special.

The day of your birthday came and you were up at 6 in the morning. You just couldn't sleep; the anticipation was killing you. Newt snored next to you, mouth open and chest rising and falling steadily. You smiled, settling on your elbow. Newt opened his eyes lazily, looking around in his early-morning stupor, and jolted awake when he saw you staring.

"(Y/N)! W-what are you doing?" He pulled the blankets over his chest, cheeks reddening.

"Its my birthday!" You beamed, cheeks crunching up in unrestrained happiness.

Newt opened his mouth, a look of shock coming over his face, and closed it. "Right!" He exclaimed, kicking the covers away and springing out of bed. "Yes, right! Stay right there- I'll be right back." And he ran out of the room in nothing but his boxers and socks. You could hear a lot of crashing around, and suddenly you heard a high-pitched scream.

"Bunty!" You heard from through the door. "I thought you were taking the day off!" You couldn't hear the reply. "Well- its (Y/N)'s birthday today- we didn't think you'd be here-" he was cut off again. "Yes, yes, of course. I'll see you tomorrow. S-sorry about, um, this." You stifled a laugh, burying your face into the pillow.

A few minutes later, Newt came trudging back into the room, one of your floral-patterned aprons covering his scantily clad body. In his hand he held a small brown box. You couldn't stop yourself from laughing at the sight of him- the apron, the mismatched socks, the rumpled hair- it looked adorably ridiculous on him. "Had a run-in with Bunty, did we?" You smirked.

"Don't laugh at me," he grumbled. "I told her to take the day off." He pulled the apron off and settled onto the bed next to you, swinging his feet overtop of the covers. He opened the box and pulled out a glistening white cake, beautifully frosted in yellow and blue, with the words "Happy Birthday (Y/N)" scripted across the top.

You felt yourself melt a little bit inside at the sight of the cake. it was beautiful, perfectly created in a blend you felt perfectly suited you. Newt understood you like no one else did. "Happy birthday, (Y/N)." Newt grinned, bumping you with his shoulder. You nestled into his arm and blushed.

"Cut the damn thing already, I'm starving!"

Newt smiled that small, loving smile of his, and started cutting the cake into slices with a plastic knife. You nestled against him and wrapped your arm around his bicep. His skin was warm to the touch. You pressed a kiss on the top of his shoulder, allowing yourself to gaze up at the man you loved freely.

"I love you, Newt," you hummed with a smile.

Newt glanced down at you for a second, a blissful smile spreading across his features. He leaned down and captured your lips in a slow, passionate kiss that seemed to spread his warmth all the way down your body to his toes.