*51*

"I'm not ready to completely forgive you yet," I mumble the truth into Harry's lips, his arms still around me.

The last half hour has been a whirlwind of information and I'm sure I will have to go through every detail in my mind at least a hundred more times before I fathom exactly what has happened.

"I understand," he sniffles, our faces wet with tears and he wipes his cheeks much more carelessly than he does mine a moment later. "I have something for you," he says finally, taking my hands and leading me to the door.

His hand presses into the lift buttons at the same time his lips caress mine again, over and over with loving, soft kisses as he backs me into the elevator, his taste clouding my mind too much to care where the fuck we are going.

The ride is far too short and Harry is pulling me out before I am ready to have his lips leave mine. He is shoving a key into the door that looks just like mine and dragging me into the apartment before I have a chance to ask any questions.

My confused expression reflects my bewilderment as my eyes skim over the apartment that is similar to the one I live in but altogether different.

Big grey couches look like soft clouds that landed in the living room and sit where my neat white ones are. The rooms are masculine, warm, and homely despite it being clear this place is equally as clean and tidy as mine.

Two arms wrap around me from behind and I feel Harry's lips on my neck as I try and piece together what the hell is going on.

"The police didn't question why I was always at your apartment, because I live here too," he says cautiously, trying to gauge my reaction but I'm too shocked to have one.

"You were the person who bought the top floor," I whisper.

His lack of rebuttal slams my heart into my chest and another piece of Harry's puzzle falls into place.

"I want you to have it," he says sincerely and I spin in his arms, my mouth open and my eye wide but he cuts me off before I deny him. "I've already filled out all the paperwork, you just have to sign to transfer it into your name."

Tears form in my eyes at the massive gesture that hits so deep in my soul that I feel like part of me is being rebuilt, patched up, bumps smoothed and sharp edges curved.

"You deserve it," he shakes his head, still struggling to understand my father's hostility towards me. 

I'm speechless, so much has happened in the last twenty-four hours and I'm trying to keep up with the ping pong game my emotions have been sucked into without my consent.

Harry's hands comb through my hair, his forehead on mine as he talks deliberately and slowly to convey his sincerity.

"Lexi, you deserve everything you've ever wanted," he says gently, never pulling his lips too far away and I wish we could stay like this forever, not having to venture out of this bubble and deal with the stress and battles of real-life or the challenges I know are going to face me in the next few days, weeks, months.

"I want to be appreciated... and loved," I confess, my chest tightening at the level of intimacy and the fear that lingers as I tell him my deepest desires. 

Harry kisses me again, passion and devotion seeping into me as he pours all he has into our connection, trying to convince me that all my past doubts of him are unfounded, begging me to give just as much back.

He pulls away only to kiss me hard, twice, three times, before licking his lips and stroking my cheeks with his thumbs in comfort.

"Harry? Do you think my dad treated me the way he did to protect me? To keep me out of all of this?"

I hear him swallow and he stands up a little straighter so I can look into his eyes that I swear are filled with regret for someone else's behaviour.

"It's possible, baby," he smiles softly, not wanting to lie to me but I can tell my wishful thinking is probably just that. This may be the one time I appreciate Harry not telling me exactly what he thinks.

"I do think, even if that's the truth," he adds. "That it doesn't make up for a lifetime of treating you like shit. He could have kept you out of it and still loved you." 

A single tear crawls down my cheek and I know he is right, as awful as the realisation is, my dad is not my hero, he has never been, and the days of craving his approval are long gone.

Harry catches my tear with his lips, pressing a soft kiss to my skin and promising to make up for a lifetime of neglect.

"So, if I'm taking your apartment where are you planning on living?" I ask with a raised eyebrow and my teeth in my bottom lip to stifle a grin.

"I guess I'd be homeless," he jokes, trying to be just as serious and failing. "Maybe, I could stay with you for a bit?" 

Our wide smiles mimic each others as my arms hook around his shoulders and he pulls our hips together.

"Are you asking to move in with me?" I make him meet me in the middle.

"Are you asking me to move in with you?" he questions back with a smirk.

"Harry!" I yell through a laugh at the fact he is still the same stubborn, bratty, loveable banana I met two years ago.

He kisses me hard, our teeth clanging together as we giggle. 

"Lexi, my love, I want to do everything with you. Forever."

A/N:

EPILOGUE IS COMING! 

But that's the last chapterrrr :(

I have loved Lexi and Harry so much.

I know a lot of you were still not team harry after the last chapter but I hope you maybe re-read to see the love between the struggles with fresh knowledge of the truth! 

THANK YOU FOR READING!

Please follow me, more Harry stories coming soon 

LOVE U ALL, my little gemstones! 

Love Ruby 

x