viii. sorry?

Tin was once an energetic child, he was like any child there is, full of dreams, hope, happiness and he was always smiling. He was the happy pill of everyone around him, especially her.

His mother.

But everything had changed when she died, the next moment, he found out that his father had been unfaithful to his mother and in came the second family of his father, Pete and with his mother.

He never liked her. Pete's mother. She's beautiful, nice, she always treats Tin like he's her own son— she's perfect but she's not his mother so he never accepted her.

Pete's okay though. Back when they were children, Pete's shy, innocent, big doe-eyed and vulnerable to everything and everyone. He cried easily so Tin had the urge to protect him and he's glad he did. Pete grew up to be the badass he is now disguised in his nerdy glasses.

Tin protected Pete from every bully. He fell into the role of being the protective brother but it made him look like the bully and ice-cold asshole to everyone.

But he's never that.

Ice Prince. It's a stupid name.

He just went with it because it made everyone fear him. It made him powerful and it made him protect everyone he loves.

Tin blinks his thoughts away when he sees Tum coming from outside.

Tin sees Tum smiling and it irritates him. Why is he smiling? Why does he have to smile so wide and with all his teeth? It's fucking irritating. So much.

Plus, Tum acts all nice and friendly with everyone, it's annoying Tin.

"Where were you from?"

Tum smiles even more. Shit. That smile again. Honestly, will he ever be tired of smiling?

"With Can."

Tin knows. Of course, he sees them but he has to know why. Why would Tum even bother when they both know who he's after to?

"Why?"

"I comforted him. You made him cry Tin."

"He deserves it."

"Getting bullied?"

Tin frowns. What he did is not bullying. It's revenge because Can embarrassed him. There's a difference. He did not do it just for fun. Can was the first one to attack. Can should be the bully if they are talking about bullies.

"I'm not bullying him, okay? He crossed me, he should know there's a consequence from that."

Tum sighs and shakes his head as he sits beside Tin and pats him on his shoulder. "This isn't like you Tin, stop acting like an entitled king."

Tin hates that word. King. Tum knows he hates it, that must why he used it.

It's hierarchical, he doesn't want to be like that although he's beginning to be like that.

"I'm just trying to get back what he got from me. My pride and my reputation."

From across the room, Pond laughs. "Who needs pride and reputation when you have porn?"

Tin rolls his eyes and throws a pillow at Pond's way. "All you care about is porn. You should change so Cha'Aim will like you."

"My friend, I don't need to change. If she really loves me, she will accept my flaws and perfections."

Ae snorts. "Whatever perfections are you saying? You just have flaws."

"As if you don't have flaws yourself Ae. You're full of secrets."