34

"luke?" leyla calls from the bedroom. she hears a faint answer from downstairs. "what do i wear?" the noise of luke's feet running up the stairs can be heard and he appears, black skinny jeans, a white a black striped shirt and his hair in a bun.

"stop treating me like one of your girls." he laughs, before heading over to the wardrobe. "one of your cute dresses?"

"which one?" she pouts, feeling incredibly nervous. ashton was having a party, which meant meeting all of the boy's friends for the first time. luke pulls out a blue off the shoulder dress that has buttons running down the middle. it flowed nicely and was definitely one of luke's favourites on leyla. "okay."

once changed and ready, luke and leyla head off to the party. they walk in hand in hand, immediately being greeted by many people.

leyla grew nervous quickly and clung to luke as much as she could but there were so many people about she ended up getting separated.

"leyla, right?" a blonde girl asks, spotting leyla looking terrified amongst everyone. "im bryana! so nice to finally meet you!"

"um, you too." leyla nervously smiles.

"lost luke already? come join me and the girls, they're so excited to meet the girl who stole luke's heart." leyla follows bryana to a group of girls sat in a circle on the grass. "look who i find!" they all say hello and leyla sits down, smoothing out her dress.

"so then, leyla, you and luke, huh?" crystal wiggles her eyebrows, smiling, causing leyla to blush and laugh.

"yeah." leyla giggles.

- - -

many drinks later and still no sign of luke, leyla was drunk and with a few of the girls from earlier, ashton, calum and a few other boys.

"let's go for a swim!" ashton shouts, not caring that he had none of his swimming stuff with him. before anyone could stop him, he runs and jumps, bombing into the pool, mitchy and brian following closely after. "come on, guys!"

leyla laughs along with the girls until something across the garden catches her eye. luke. her heart plummets at the sight in front of her and she scrambles to get away, multiple people calling her name. she ran and ran until someone grabbed her arm, making her stop.

"leyla, stop." calum breaths, out of breathe. leyla had tears streaming down her face as calum pulls her into his arms, holding her tight. "shh, let's head back to mine."

walking back to calum's, they went slow, leyla struggling to see from the amount of tears that were blurring her vision. calum didn't say a word, shocked by his best friends actions and how hurt leyla was by it. finally reaching the house, calum leads her upstairs to his room so that she can lay down on the bed and get some sleep.

closing her eyes, all leyla could picture was luke and that girl - kissing. feeling calum next to her she snuggles into his side and tries to calm herself down.

"i don't get it, cal." she cries. "why does the whole world hate me."

"the whole world doesn't hate you. please don't think that." he tries to reassure, pulling her in as close as possible. "you've been through a tough time, i know that. but you're going to find your place in the world and things are going to work out. and hopefully that is here with us."

"but luke-" she chokes, not being able to finish her sentence. calum just nods, stroking her hair, trying to get her to sleep.

leyla finally drifts off and her phone starts ringing in her bag. calum shifts slightly to reach it and sees 8 miss calls from luke and multiple texts. getting out his own phone he sees a call from luke and a couple from ashton and michael.

- - -

luke: calum is she with you

luke: pls tell me she's with you

luke: I can't find her anywhere

calum: you don't fucking deserve to find her

luke: i know

calum: what the fuck luke

calum: why

luke: i don't fucking know

calum: you know how fucking fragile she is, you know what she's been through, you know that she was finally happy with you but no, just go fuck it up and break her down even more

calum: i can't believe you right now

calum: i know you're my best friend but i can't believe you've done this

luke: i know calum, don't you think i feel like shit?!?! i didn't mean for it to happen, did I???

calum: i don't know

luke: oh for fucksake, you really think that of me?

luke: wow cal, cheers

calum: well i didn't think you'd go off making out with another girl when you've got leyla

calum; so yeah, i don't know anymore luke

calum: you've fucked it up big time

calum: and id rather not see your face or talk to you at the moment or anytime soon for that matter

calum; and don't come near leyla

luke: you don't get to decide that

calum: i know but i know that she doesn't want to see you

luke: im coming over tomorrow

luke: i don't give a shit what you say

calum: if you give a fucking shit about leyla then you won't, why can't you just listen to me?! she doesn't want to fucking see you right now. give her some space, you've just cheated on the girl

luke: fucking hell

luke: fine