Chapter 8

Previously

I really hope she stays ignorant for a little while longer. I can't lose my daughter, even if she has to go to the camp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poseidon's POV

I can sense my daughter in my domain, every time she came to the sea I could sense her, I wish I could go to her, I am afraid that my brothers will kill her. I can't allow that to happen. I will do whatever it takes to protect her.

I have made my decision. I am going to her. She won't even know I am there.

I swim to her location, I see her running and laughing, a boy chasing her, also laughing. I recognize him. Triton! My muscles tense, I can't hear anything around me, my hands start to shake, my heart rate increases. I am angry, beyond that. How dare he approach her! I told him to leave my child alone.

I wish I can throttle him at this moment. I would've, had it not been for Rhea being here. Triton could've killed her had he not liked her and I would not have known. Or I would have been too late in saving her.

"Come on Rhea, you can't catch me," I hear Triton, my heir, egging Rhea on to catch him.

I feel my anger increase. He can spend time with her, but I can't. The waves around me are becoming more erratic. My presence becoming known, Triton looks directly at me with fearful eyes.

"Father," I can see him whisper in shock. Rhea senses something, she looks at Triton. "Is everything okay? Are you alright? You look sick."

She really has a kind heart, I think, loving her even more. I wish she could come to live with me in Atlantis, she will be safe there. Once she is grown I would have to protect her from not only the mermen but the humans too.

"I'm fine Rhea. Why don't you go play with your mom for a bit? I just remembered that I need to go somewhere. I can't be late," Triton tells her shakily.

He better be here quick, he has some explaining to do.

I see Triton walking towards me after Rhea leaves.

"Father," he says, bowing.

"What do you think you are doing? Approaching MY daughter?" I seethe.

"Father, I...I sensed one of your children. I wanted to see what they looked like, but then I discovered you have a daughter. I've always wanted a sister. I wanted to get to know her. Sally knows who I am. Father, please forgive me, I did not mean to offend you."

My anger deflates a little. "You should've asked before you approached her. All these years I have kept her hidden. You will not be the reason that my brothers discover her."

"I'll be careful father," he says.