Chapter Twenty-Eight

Life is given to us,we earn it by giving it

we earn it by giving it.

Let the dead have the immortality of fame,
but the living the immortality of love.

Life's errors cry for the merciful beauty
that can modulate their isolation into a

harmony with the whole.

Life, like a child, laughs,
shaking its rattle of death as it runs.
(Rabindranath Tagore)

~~~~~~~~

I lean over the sink with the water running as I wash off my face and clean out my mouth. I step out of the bathroom, only for Jungkook to be right outside with a cloth.

"Thank you." I mutter as I take the cloth.

"You're welcome." He says then he sighs as he clicks his tongue. "That little shit that you're carrying is making you not feel so good, huh, baby girl?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"I remember Mom always feeling like this when she was pregnant with Hae-Joon." I tell him and he nods.

"I don't know much about this whole pregnancy thing, but I do know that there's a half-demon, half-human growing inside of you." Jungkook comments and I nod.

I lean against his chest as I hold the cloth in my hand and Jungkook starts to stroke my head. He rests his head on top of mine as I slowly close my eyes then my phone starts to buzz.

I grab my phone from my back pocket and see that Hoseok was calling me. I look up at Jungkook then back down at my phone and answer the call.

"H-Hello?" I answer.

"Y/N, you and Jungkook need to come to the house, now." Hoseok replies then I look up at Jungkook.

"O-Okay, we'll be t-there soon." I respond then I hangup the phone.

"Who was that?" Jungkook asks me.

"H-Hoseok." I answer then I look up at him. "We need to b-be at the h-house, n-now." I tell him then he nods.

"Alright, let's go." He agrees then wraps his arms around me.

We teleport to my old bedroom in the house and I look up at Jungkook, in worry.

"Can you tell I'm pregnant by looking at me, Jungkook?" I whisper then he looks all over me.

"No, not at all." He answers then he kisses my head. "If they ask, just tell them that you've been eating some more since what happened." He tells me and I nod.

We leave the bedroom and walk downstairs to the living room, where everyone was and everyone's eyes were a different color and it made me nervous.

"W-What's going on?" I ask then Namjoon stands up.