Chapter 51

Ariel's POV

I smooth down the little curls in my hair as I make my way downstairs. That's one of the things I like about having my hair cut. It's easier to maneuver, especially in situations like these.

I round the corner to head to the kitchen and see Libby leaning against the counter, sipping a cup of tea.

Without saying anything, I just lean against the counter with her as she pushes a mug of tea in my direction.

I take it up and follow the direction in which her eyes were looking to realise that she's casually watching Elle and Miranda.

Miranda continues to to ease closer to Elle with a smirk on her face as Elle lets out a little giggle at what she's saying.

From the corner of my eye, I see Libby look up from her mug to look at me, or more so, my neck.

"That's a nice hickey you got there." She rotates the hot substance in the mug in a stirring motion.

"I could say the same about you." I look straight ahead as I refer to the one right above her collarbone.

She pauses a while from drinking until I see her nod her head in acceptance, "Touché."

We continue to sip our tea as we look at the couple ahead until Libby speaks, "You guys were pretty loud. Never heard my brother shout like that. Shit must've been good." She smirks, both of us still not making eye contact.

"Now's not the time, Libby." I warn her.

"It wasn't the time to fuck my brother either." She mutters as she takes a sip of her tea.

I nod my head after a while, "Touché. I'll give you that one but I'm sure we both know that you and Liam aren't the quietest either." I conclude.

She rolls her eyes and she takes the tea from me and rests both of them together on the counter.

"When are you planning to deal with it?" She fully turns her attention to me.

I sigh as I look at Elle once more as she plays with a strand of her hair.

"I don't know... they seem to be having a great time as it is." I motion to Elle and Miranda.

Just then, Liam and Adam emerge from upstairs, both chuckling at something the other said.

They both catch our semi-serious faces as we're deep in conversation and make their way over to us.

"What's the matter?" Liam asks as he looks at both of us with concern written all over his face.

"Oh, nothing." Libby sighs. "Just wondering what to do about this whole situation." She finishes.

"Who? Elle?" Adam chimes in.

"No shit Sherlock. Maybe if you could've kept it in your pants, this wouldn't be a problem." Libby seethes at Adam.

Adam's nostrils flare in anger but I can still see the pinch of guilt hidden in them, "How was--" Adam begins to reply to Libby's comment but I stop both of them.

"Please-- you guys just quit it. I can't deal with this right now too." I look between both of them.

Libby's face morphs into worry, "I'm sorry, Ariel. That wasn't my call. I can't imagine how much this must be stressing you out." She rests a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I force a small smile in her direction, "No, it's okay." I rub my forehead.

I don't miss the small glare that Adam sends Libby before he wraps his hand around me.

"Here's what I think we should do..." Liam speaks.

We all turn our attention to him as we eagerly wait for him to continue.

"Miranda and her seem to be hitting it off..." He shudders at the thought. "I mean, she looks comfortable so... why not ask Miranda to come out with us, with the exception of Ariel and Elle of course, and that way, you two can talk privately with each other.

We all stay silent, playing out Liam's suggestion.

That is, until Adam speaks.

"So, what you're basically saying is that we all leave and leave Ariel and Elle here. Alone?" His voice raises slightly. "Not gonna--" I cut him off.

"No actually... that sounds like a good idea..." I speak my thoughts.

Adam looks at me incredulously, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, totally. I doubt she would feel comfortable with all of you here." I remind them.

They all nod in agreement and understanding.

"We'll probably call me guys and end up at Nick's place. Call us when you're ready, kay?" Libby assures me and I nod.

Liam places a kiss on my forehead before wrapping his arm around Libby and walking outside to wait for Adam.

He always does that as a way to say goodbye or see you later. I've grown use to it, he's like the big brother I've never had.

Adam continues to look at me with a worry expression etched to his features, "You'll call me if anything seems odd, right?" He whispers as he holds my face between his palms.

I hold on to his hands and send him a small, reassuring smile, "I can take care of myself. Just trust me, okay?" I tell him as I slightly lean into his touch.

He nods hesitantly and leans in and plants a slow kiss on my lips before pulling away and heading out to the front room.

"Time to go quick stuff." Miranda rolls her eyes at the name that Adam calls her.

She rises from the couch and before she leaves with Adam, she sends me wink at Elle in which she just shyly waves, looking a bit disappointed that she had to leave.

Once they all left, Elle nervously cuddles with her fingers, both of us the only people in the entire house.

"So, you hungry?" I converse in which she hesitantly nods.

"A little... now that you asked..." She trails off.

"Okay, come on." I send her a smile as I nudge my head in the direction of the kitchen.

-------------------------

"So... how are you doing?" I try to make conversation as she stirs the batter very inexperienced.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She gives me a tight-lipped smile.

I nod my head, think of another question to ask her, "That's a... very nice shit." I compliment and with that, she abruptly stops.

"Look..." She sighs. "I really don't feel like small talk is our best option right now..." She states. "I'd prefer if we just sit down and have a real conversation with no tension." She smiles at me and I wholeheartedly agree.

Lord prepare me.

------------------------

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Lots of love.

Talk to me... I'm bored.

Btw, is Adam hot or is Adam hot?