Serendiptious

F O U R T E E N

  ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───      

  ❝ You unfold it and wrap it again like a present, but then you put it aside just because you fear what the future holds  ❞

S O O Y U N

MY EYES ARE GLUED TO the red and yellow majestic carpet, following every step of my feet carrying me through the corridor of the train along with the sound of my heartbeat playing overstrung unbalanced notes. 

When I reach the exit, doors swiftly slide open and I'm already lost, losing my senses, and beg to differ.

I'm just standing there as if life had left the soul out of me, shoulders slump.

I stare into nothingness, then dip my head.

I wish I had invisibility power.

Being excited to visit Korea was one thing.

But actually staying in Korea was another.

And going to Seoul, Korea for a major change is a total disaster.

Travelers are holding their luggage while they wait in the line for a train ticket to where their destination is. Some adjust their hats, shirt, or watch and constantly make sure all is good to go. Kids run around in a little circle.

A five-year-old boy in a woman's arm sucks on an orange lollipop; his eyes wide open in frighten or cramped.

Everyone is so busy here, like they're bees, receiving the nectar they need. It's a heavy atmosphere surrounded by travelers, employees, and janitors sweeping banana peels and trash with their colorless faces.

My face dims seeing stray cats, licking their fur, staring at me with their baby gazes. 

Oh gosh, it's been so long seeing that kind of look ever since I've locked myself from any emotional encountered.

I should probably message my father, here I am, in Korea! 

Actually, it's not what you think. I'm not excited, merely because I'm joining Bangtan Soyeondan as the eight-member.

There will be rumors which I'm not ready to handle.

It's not as easy as handling three part-time jobs and studying at a time back in California, Los Angeles where the entertainment industry flourishes.

Though I have to admit, I miss the warm, sunny beach, cold splashes of the water against my skin. Haeun, the loveable, sweet, trustworthy best friend. 

I slide out my phone from the pocket, swipe it awake to the home screen, and send father a quick message.

Sooyun:  Hey father I've reached Seoul. How are you though? Also please don't stay up too late, you know mother wouldn't like it, and neither do I. Uh . . . what else . . . yeah I love you and already miss you