Epilogue. Part One. Eric

Once upon a time...

Yeah, I'm just kidding. Fairytales are fluffy and lighthearted... unless you were Hans Christian Andersen, that man's stories were often tragic and could make a grown wolf cry. Not bad for a cold hearted vampire, right?

I peeked through the huge floral arrangement that Sylvie helped me to pick and made my way through the sterile corridors, side stepping nurses, who blushed as I greeted them with a jovial smile. I heard whispering and giggling from two of them, but I didn't bother to look around, after all, they were not my type. I preferred them taller and with Male parts, though I was fine if they were chiselled and buff or soft and slightly slender. My tiger purred indicating that he was much the same and a certain silvery wolf was always welcome and well as a delicious scented human.

Pushing through the door of the private room, I swept the flowers to my side and greeted both who were my favourite types, my husbands and mates. Michael looked grouchy where he lie on the bed, he was leaning to one side so not to aggravate his wound, but I bet he had tried to get up to go to the toilet again.

Alex was looking a little pale, possibly due to the fact that he'd upchucked his lunch; I shan't be making spaghetti carbonara again anytime soon. I placed the flowers upon the small table in the corner and placed a kiss upon the lips of each of my mates.

"When can I get out of here?" Michael grumbled, sourly. 

"When the doctors say you can," Alex replied, curtly.  He sounded a little off himself.  He was stroking his stomach, which was definitely seemed a little rounder than yesterday.

"Give it time," I reminded Michael.  "You only had the operation two days ago."

"I'm a wolf, I heal quickly," he muttered.  "The bullet only hit my leg."

"The bullet was silver!" Alex snapped, his voice broke a little.  "Your heart stopped!"  My chest ached a little, I stupidly hadn't realised that my boy had been so worried!

Nadine Rider had pulled a small pistol, like really small from somewhere on her person and had aimed it directly at Alex's stomach.  Michael had pushed him out of the way, into me and we had stumbled together down to the ground.  Michael's mother had screamed as the gun fired and the bullet became lodged into the side of Michael's thigh.  My mother had grimly arrested the bitch, reading her rights, placing on her handcuffs and tossing her to one of her men, when all she really wanted to do was to tear her hair out.

The pack Doctor could not deal with the bullet, the man had been practically shaking in his boots as he honestly admitted that he had never dealt with gunshot wounds.  Alpha Haze might keep guns and use them to make threats, but it turned out it was usually all bluster.  So my mother had taken us to a nearby private hospital, not the one that employed Alex and Michael as it happened.  But my stubborn mate had refused to see a Doctor before Alex and the babies were checked over first.  The nurse had been shocked to be checking a Male with a ultrasound, my mother had carefully showed her badge and reminded her about confidentiality.  The triplets were fine and my mother had claimed all of the photographs for herself.

And then Michael had collapsed, shocking us all.  It turned out the bullet had been made of silver, but the idiot had not admitted to us the excruciating pain he was suffering, too worried about Alex and the triplets.  The doctors did an emergency operation upon his leg to remove the silver bullet.  It was during this that his heart had briefly stopped.  It was only for a few seconds and it had begun again without intervention, but it had created a tense moment that was for sure.

Michael shifted closer so that he could envelope Alex in a bear hug and I was quick to join them. "I'm sorry, baby," he said softly. "I love you, I would never have left you."