16

Editing Credits: RedCross178

Zarmeenay Jahangir- Aged 18

Our shy, sweet and bubbly girl. She loves her grandparents the most and is an honest person, who sees the entire world in balck and white.

Hazik Sheraazi- Aged 27

A cold, ruthless and a fearless man. He refuses to show emotion, as the head of the Sheraazi family (a mafia family) who rule the country with an iron fist.

What will happen when Zarmeenay enters the life of him who is known as the Devil?

Aamir Sheraazi- Aged 52

Aamir is the father of Hazik. He may be a ruthless monster for the outside world, but he is a loving man to the people of his family.

Rikza Sheraazi- Aged 48

A graceful woman, the wife of Aamir Sheraazi. She loves her family the most. She doesn’t cower away from the mafia life, and has stood by her husband on every occasion.

PROLOGUE

“Zarmeenay, we are moving back to Islamabad. It is time we return home.” Zarmeenay’s grandfather said, making her eyes widen with shock.

“Pa! We are completely fine right here. Why are we moving back?” she said, sadly. She pouted slightly and tears filled her eyes. Her grandparents always melted seeing her eyes. She had Asfand’s eyes, but the face of Aamiya’s. She was the root of their life, the daughter of their beloved children.

Her grandfather pulled her into his hug, “Try to understand, Meenay. We can’t stay here forever, you have to move for further studies and lots of things need to be done in Islamabad.” He told her, thinking about how they moved from Islamabad to a small city nearby. Everything in Islamabad held memories of Asfand and Aamiya and they couldn’t bear it anymore.

“Okay, Pa.” Zarmeenay reluctantly agreed. She liked living in this small city. She didn’t need to interact with many people, she stayed alone with her grandparents. But she understood that since her high school was over, she was supposed to apply for her BBA.

They packed up and left for Islamabad. Their house still remained and their business was handled by a friend. Zarmeeny entered the same house after a long time, looking around everywhere in a trance while her grandmother stared at her. Zarmeenay’s innocence, shyness and naivety worried her.

Zarmeenay went to her parents’ grave the same day. She had heard stories of their love throughout her life, it fascinated her.

When she returned home, her grandfather informed her that there was a party to attend tomorrow night.

Zarmeenay was going through a lot of emotions that night. She loved her grandparents dearly and constantly missed her parents, even though she had no clear memory of them. She also started thinking of the university she wanted to apply to. 

On the other hand, being back in the same house meant that her grandparents yearned for their children. It seemed as if it was just yesterday that Aamiya was laughing and being sweet, with Asfand always behind her, taking care of and protecting her.

They never had to worry about Aamiya’s safety because of Asfi, he always took care of her. But now, Zarmeenay was a beautiful girl, with no one but her old grandparents to protect her.