• 2 •

Your friends are scared to tell you you're in too far
Funny that it's always been all about you from the start

×

Renée Pov

He was a persistent asshole, I could give him that. After that incident in school he left me alone for what I thought was good but I guess he was giving himself time to regroup and strategies.

But now he cornered me once again and now there wasn’t a crowd to witness it, it didn’t make me nervous but at the same time it did. Even though he crushed me I knew he wouldn’t hurt me, if that made sense, but I didn’t like being around him. He made me feel too many emotions at once which made me feel like I was going into override.

It was the end of the school day and if he didn’t speed this altercation up I was going to miss my bus and I already he was ready to offer up that passenger side seat for me but I refused. We weren’t together and we would never be friends. I wanted us to be strangers.

“What?!” I growled out. My hands flew up and into my hair.

“Is it that bad? Is it that bad that we can’t even have a conversation like civil people?” the vein in his neck was already throbbing.

“I don’t want to be civil with you. It’s a choice I made and I’m not ashamed by it.” Even though I said that I still stood in front of him waiting for what he was going to say this time.

He grabbed my hand that was hanging at my side, he held it lightly. “I love you. I love you. I love you. I’m not the same without you and physically hurts to not be with you. I love you like I’ve known you my whole life. I feel like you’ve been here the whole time and you being gone is so foreign that it’s driving me crazy. I need you.” All I heard is me this and my this.

“Can I tell you something?” It was rhetorical. If I had to listen to lies then he had to listen to the truth.

He nodded his head.

“One day at one of your friends parties I got tipsy and ended up in a conversation with your friend Omar, this was like in the beginning of our relationship. Omar was piss drunk too so that’s why I didn’t believe or didn’t want to believe what he was saying but now I see.” I nodded my head while my eyes were closed remembering the memory.

“Omar told me to be careful with you, not in the ‘ don’t break my bros heart ‘ type of way, honestly it was the opposite. Omar was warning me of how selfish and inconsiderate you were. How you only wanted things because you could. He told me how I was a challenge for you and once you figured me out then I would get boring.” Leon’s face was one of shock and anger.

I mockingly tapped my chin with my finger, “At the time I was like Omar’s just jealous of you, of us but now my eyes are open and I had to reevaluate some things.” I walked just a half step closer to Leon.

“Why would one of your boys lie on you since they know you best and it seems like he was right.” I should’ve listened to Omar.

“Why would Omar do that? He wouldn’t do that?” It was a statement that sounded more like a question.

I started making my exit while he stood in his daze, “I don’t know but you’ll figure it out.”