263

I'm sorry.

Amelia Adams

When I abruptly lost the ability to breath in my sleep, my eyes shot open in panic and I never thought I'd be seeing what I was seeing.

I was looking up at a person with a black ski mask covering his entire face but eyes and mouth. He was strapping duct tape over my mouth and immediately I screamed into it. I flailed my legs and arms but he pinned me down in the bed.

I heard a lot of commotion going on in the room and insistently I looked at Harry in the corner of my eye being ripped out of the bed with tape on his own mouth and harshly slamming onto the ground to where another man in a mask started beating him with a wooden bat.

I screamed into the tape before getting ripped onto the floor by my ankles. My back aggressively hit the hardwood as well as my head which made it ache very hard. I screamed and cried into the tape, squirming as the stranger dragged me by the ankle into the middle of the bedroom.

The man flipped me over on my stomach and harshly grabbed my wrist to tape them together behind my back. I looked at the other man beating Harry as he tried to fight back but was at such a disadvantage on the floor and without a weapon. Tears shot down my face as I screamed in absolute terror into the tape at Harry being obliterated.

I got whipped up to my knees, turned around to face the masked stranger. My first thought went to Briar, and it made me cry harder. Our baby was asleep in the next room, alone and unprotected. Niall wasn't here, it was just Harry and I.

I had no idea who these two men were and how they got in here with the high security system this house has, but I was absolutely petrified and breaking down by the second. I need to get Briar, I needed to get her to safety before someone else got her.

What if someone already got her? What if there is a third man here? What if there were ten downstairs?

Harry got dragged roughly to the middle of the bedroom two meters to my right. His nose was bleeding obsessively down his face to cover the duct tape in red and his naked torso already had dark red gashes from the baseball bat. He was just in his grey track pants, and I was just in my shorts and one of his large black shirts.

The other masked guy taped Harry's wrists behind his back and sat him weakly on his knees. His astatic green eyes were full of horror at he looked into my glossy ones. I was a shaking mess, crying hard into the duct tape at the situation.

I needed to get to my daughter before anyone else did, that was my only concern.

"Stop your fucking crying baby." The masked stranger in front of me grabbed my chin harshly and made me look up at him from on my knees. Tears poured down my cheeks in absolute horror of what they could have planned in their tainted minds.

Harry shouted into the tape the second the man harshly grabbed my face.

My glossy eyes looked at Harry and perceived him screaming into the tape with anger in his eyes. The other man clocks him hard in the face with his fist, making me scream out as well into the adhesive. I pinched my eyes shut as the stranger forced me to look up at him by his hard grasp on my chin.

"Open your fucking eyes." He spit.

I didn't obey because I was so scared, my eyes were still pinched shut in tears while sweat covered my body. I couldn't open my eyes, I was frozen in absolute fear.

I had no time to think before I felt a really intense hit to my cheek and nose, it was really strong and it hurt really bad before I flew to the side and hit the ground. When my right temple hit the hardwood, I processed the fact I was backhanded really viciously. I yelped out in pain as I immediately felt the burn that came after the slash. I was laid sideways on the floor as Harry screamed into the tape the second the contact happened, pain and infuriation in his voice.