LXIII

All my life I've been good,
But now whoa, I'm thinking what the hell
All I want is to mess around
~ Avril Lavigne, What The Hell

The days passed quickly as the month of January started to dwindle away.

Isla and I have decided today we will just hang out at my place rather than going out, plus the guys are busy with the album and planning their shows for Warped Tour. There is even talk about a tour shortly after, though whether it would be North America, South America or overseas has yet to be discussed.

They had also been including Scar, but as of last week, she had finally stepped away, not wanting anything to do with the band even though she loves it. She wants to heal before going back to music and in her opinion, a solo career would be better than returning to the band.

All of us gave our support of course, but it was still disheartening to know that she wanted to be on her own now.

I think Erik took it the hardest, the two of them started the band in their shared bedroom before moving it the garage of Devon's and Kyle's Aunt's house when they joined.

"Are you sure we are supposed to use this?" Isla holds the new bag of coconut flour we picked up this morning when we did our groceries. I had found a super cool looking recipe for coconut cupcakes last night when I was scrolling through Pinterest.

"I thought you said you liked coconut?" I set my mac on the counter beside all our supplies before walking to the fridge to grab a bottle of wine, "red or white?"

"Red and I know but I've never cooked with coconut and... coconut milk? This cupcake is literally just coconut."

"Doesn't make you feel like you are on some tropical island?" I laugh, grabbing the bottle and two glasses.

"Then this would be frozen with an umbrella," Isla holds up the bottle of wine, "and a hottie in board shorts would be waiting on my every need."

"Well I don't have umbrellas or board shorts, but I'm here." I offer her a cheeky smile but I am met with an eye roll.

"So how are you Erik, we really haven't talked about you two since New Year's with you being so busy with your book and the band." Isla comes to stand opposite of me as I lean against the counter, neither of us with a glass of wine.

"We really haven't done anything, we are both so tired when we do get free time that we usually end up watching a movie or sleeping. I've barely had time to write."

"So you still haven't gone on an official date?" Isla raises her eyebrow at me waiting for my answer, but of course, she knows the answer. I've hardly seen her and we try to get together every Monday and Friday night to cook for each other or go for appetizers.

"Like we went to this lookout and some restaurants."

"But that was before your little spilt. So, you two haven't been on an official date." Isla states, but of course, she's missing a big piece of information; we aren't official.

"You know we aren't dating, right?" I question, but by the look on her face, this is breaking news to her.

"What the fuck? You're bullshitting me right?"

"Calm down, it's not a big deal." I sigh as she takes her phone out, "what are you doing?"

"That boy and I are having a serious talk when I go over there tomorrow." Isla furiously texts away on her phone.

Poor guy.

"Can we make some cupcakes so I crack open this bottle after and order some takeout?"

"Can we try that new Japanese restaurant that opened down the street from my work?" Isla asks at the mention of food.

"Do they deliver?"

"Yes."

"Okay," I log back onto my MacBook and pull up YouTube for us, "what are you feeling?"

"I think some good old fashion Avril Lavigne while I hang out with my best friend Avril."

"Shut up and pour some coco flour," I laugh at her as she starts to dance around the room singing out the lyrics to Girlfriend.

"You know Scarlett kinda reminds me of Avril Lavigne, maybe you should switch names," Ilsa says as she licks the spoon and I pop the cupcakes in the oven.

"Do I look like a Samantha to you?"

"Yes."

"Well tell that to my mother." I scoff at her.

"No, she sounds terrifying, oh my god I love this song!" Isla yells as she pushes herself on the counter and starts dancing to the beat, "You say that I'm messing with your head/ yeah yeah yeah yeah. C'mon, join in!"

I roll my eyes before joining in, passing the spoon back and before between the two of us and dancing around my tiny apartment.

"But honestly/ I just need to be a little crazy! Take it away," Isla yells before pointing to me.

"All my life I've been good, but now whoa/ I'm thinking what the hell/ all I want is to mess around/ and I don't really care about/ if you love me/ if you hate me/ you can't save me/ baby, baby / all my life I've been good / but now / whoa / what the hell." Isla once again joins in as I finish off the chorus.

Isla starts to twerk but her flat ass doesn't move, and I still cheer her on even when she tries to get me to join in.

"You say that I'm messing with your head/boy, I like messing in your bed / yeah, I am messing with your head when / I'm messing with you in bed" I jump on the couch and throw myself onto my knees before throwing my head back.

"What the hell are you doing?" Kyle asks with a horrified look on his face, "those poor strays outside."

Both Isla and I let out a scream as we notice Erik and Kyle in the entryway of my apartment with takeout bags in hand.

"What the fuck?" Isla yells as she slams my MacBook closed, shutting the music down.

"No sweetie, I think it's what the hell. Nice try though." Kyle smiles at Isla.

Good god, that boy is going to get himself killed.

"Why don't you ever dance to our songs like that?" Erik questions as his smirk grow as my face blushes even more.

"Maybe if you made some good music I would."

"Ouch babe, right in the heart." Erik winks at me before looking at the bottle wine, "you two were acting like that with no wine?"

"What can we say we know good music when we hear it." Isla flips her ponytail over her shoulder before grabbing a bag from Kyle, "looks like... Thai food."

"You didn't answer your phone when I texted you at lunch, I told you, Erik and I would be coming over after rehearsal."

"Oh..." Isla trails off, "well thanks for the food and the heart attack."

"So what is this about you like messing around in my bed?" Erik smirks as he takes the set beside me where I sit mortified he saw me dancing when I can dance to save my life, "you sure know how to drop that ass."

Once again my cheeks flare a scarlet colour at his words, "I haven't been in your bed."

"That can be arranged." Erik says as he nuzzles my neck with his nose, "my bed is always open to you."

"Erik," I hiss at him.

"Any other sexy dance moves I should know about?" He laughs as he pulls away and plants a kiss on my cheek, "c'mon Miss Lavigne, let's get you some food for that sexy little ass of yours."

Edited by GirlReader133