Chapter 11

" Xiao Bao," the Blind Concubine called out as he stood at the entrance to the courtyard of the cold palace, "Have you put in order everything?"

"Yes, Master. I have packed several things we commonly use daily."

"Mm!" The Blind Concubine nodded his head. His fingers were stroking the old and shabby courtyard's gate, fluttering eyelashes, "Suddenly leaving this place, I actually feel reluctant to part with it."

Xiao Bao looked around the small courtyard and agreed, "After all, we have stayed here for many years."

The Emperor stood on the side and said, "The Little Prince said, if you feel reluctant to leave, you can come back to stay at this place one or two days a month. You can just leave your daily utensils here and nobody will dare to move it. The Little Prince will send the maids to come regularly to sweep and clean this place."

The Blind Concubine felt a bit awkward: "Really have to thank the Little Prince. According to the palace maidens, it was the Little Prince who went to face the Emperor, begged and pleaded, so that the Emperor could agree and allow me to move out from the cold palace, to accompany the Little Prince in his study."

Halfheartedly, the Emperor replied, "Mm."

Inwardly he said, if not because he could not clearly state his status, why would he use the Little Prince's actions as an excuse, letting that little child Rui Ze take all the credit for himself.

He wore a very jealous expression.

The Blind Concubine moved in to the *Serving House.

*t/n (literally: 端灵轩 – Duan Ling Xuan, Duan – serve, Ling – effective, Xuan – a room like study, or lofty).

This place was near to the Little Prince's residence, also not very far from the Emperor's sleeping quarter. It wasn't big, but exquisitely decorated.

The Blind Concubine was very delighted. "I can smell the flowers' nice fragrant."

The Emperor said, "try to guess, what kind of flowers they are?"

The Blind Concubine attentively sniffed to smell, trying to draw out his memories for quite some time, "Dahlia, the Night Fragrance.... It seems like there are also Orchids and Lilies."

Xiao Bao clapped his hands in delight: "Your Grace guessed perfectly."

The Blind Concubine laughed and said, "I am very sensitive to sounds, smells and flavors, after all."

The Emperor told him: "From now on, you can stay here peacefully. Whatever kind of flowers you like, just tell the palace's servant and have them planted for you. If you are short of something, don't hesitate to say."

The Blind Concubine replied: "This is already more than enough. There isn't anything lacking. Do not exert another great effort for me."

Nodding his head, Emperor added: "The Little Prince's temper is still of a child, don't let him always have his way. I know that you have a very gentle temper, soft-spoken, but please don't dote on him too much, it will make him spoiled rotten. "

The Blind Concubine nodded his head, "What you have said is right, I understand."

The Emperor put away his folded fan, reached out to hold the Blind Concubine's hand.

The Blind Concubine startled, out of reflex he tried to withdraw his hand, however, he was unable to do it.

"Living here, you must take better care of yourself."

The Blind Concubine blush a layer of crimson, a little bit nervous to speak: "Yes, I will...."

"I will come to visit you regularly."