Chapter 21

Hey guys!

So this is probably going to be the last chapter for a while. School starts again tomorrow and I don't know when I will have the time to write/update! BUT I'm put together a playlist for HF for all of you to listen to and enjoy! 

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 21

       "So, the tangent of 'x' is...?"

       "Um, 90?"

       Rex smiled, and it was that dimple, butterfly bringing smile that instantly made every thought in my head go foggy. It took all my willpower not to drop my pencil and stare bug-eyed at the perfection that was his face.

       "Exactly! See? I told you, you would get the hang of it." His smile didn't fade as that strong hand that was gripping the back of my chair reached up to squeeze the back of my neck. "Good job, Roza."

       The sheer swell of pride that surged through me couldn't be helped, especially not when he was looking at me like I just won a medal. I gave him a bright smile of my own before dropping my eyes back to the paper on the table. I was afraid I wouldn't be responsible for my actions if I watched those dimples any longer.

       "Why do you call me that?" I asked casually as his hand went back to resting against my chair. I wanted to pout as the warmth left my skin. I really liked his little touches—more than was humanly possible.

       It was a problem.

       I glanced up at him from the corner of my eye as he shrugged, but the dark look that replaced the light in his eyes tore at my chest. "My mom was Russian, and she loved planting flowers before she died... especially Roses."

       "Roza is Russian for Rose."

       He shot me that signature smirk of his, though the dark somber look in his chestnut eyes didn't fade. "Bingo. Why don't we take a break? You're doing great, and I'm getting fucking hungry."

       I didn't miss the subject change, nor was I going to push it either. I hadn't mean to cross over into personal territory, especially since his mom seemed to be a sore subject. I barely knew my mom before she died, and I still don't like talking about her. I couldn't imagine how hard it was for him.

       "Um, sure. I might have some mac n' cheese or something-"

       "Let's go out for a while. I really want a burger from Suzie's." He was already standing to his feet and grabbing his jacket before I even closed the textbook.

       "The Suzie's right across from the school?" I asked softly as I stood from the table and piled all our notes together neatly.

       "The one and only." Rex answered as he tossed his keys into the air before catching them again. I couldn't help my nervous gulp, or the embarrassed heat that was slowly creeping up the back of my neck.

       "Can... can your bike even carry two people?"

       I had been more than confused that morning when the loud rumbling of a motorcycle roared down the quiet street, and I was even more shocked when that exact bike stopped right outside my house. I should have figured it was Rex, he was the perfect driver of one of those death traps—dangerous and incredibly gorgeous, in that sexy, unbelievable kind-of-way.