Chapter 64: Because[Epilogue]

Flashback

On the night of the accident.

Jennie Pov.

"Lisa, I'm ok..it doesn't hurt.", I said, but I saw her eyes flinched when she tried to let go of her arm. She's hurt. She's hurt.

"I've hurted you..", Lisa said shaking her head and slowly stepping back, keeping her distance from me. I tried walking towards her.

"No. No. no Lisa, you didn't hurt me. It was just an accident. You didn't do it in purpose. I'm ok..", As I mumbled softly and stretched my hands towards her. But before I could hold her, She quickly turned around and run away from me.

"Lisa!", I called her and was about to chase her, but Seulgi held my wrist preventing me to get out of the room.

"Wait, Jennie..", Seulgi said as her voice cracked, as I turned around to look at her, I saw her eyes looking so sad and in pain.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that she was already going through it, I'm really sorry. I-I couldn't helped it..", Seulgi mumbled looking straight to my eyes, as she sincerely apologized of what she had said to Lisa.

"Is it true? Did you mean what you have said to your friend?", I asked straightforwardly, as I my brows knitted in disbelief.

Seulgi was taken off guard, and immediately averted her eyes off me.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't m-mean to feel this way about you...I really am so sorry.", Seulgi said as she pursed her lips tight, and letting go of my wrist. I couldn't get mad of her, maybe it was my fault. If I didn't let myself be that vulnerable around her she wouldn't feel the need to take care of me.

I feel bad about myself, I felt so sorry for her, because I love Lisa and only her.

"I appreaciate everything you've done for me and your friend. You're a good person Seulgi, but..", I mumbled as I cupped her face, smiling weakly at her.

"But you love her, and only her. I know, that's why I feel the need to say sorry. I know it so well, yet I couldn't hold it to myself...", Seulgi paused as she squeezes my hand on her cheek. She gulped and closed her eyes. And I know it is more painful when those words came out of her own mouth.

"You have to go now. Just call me when you got her, I'll help you to bring her home." Seulgi said as she opened her eyes and and let go of my hand. Now giving me a nod and a weak smile. I really am so sorry.

I quickly turn my back on her as I immediately run as fast as I could, and ignoring everyone's eyes looking at me.

"Where is she?", I run outside the building as I saw her used the elevator before I lost her, she might have gone out.

"Lisa where are you?", I mumbled between heavy breaths, as I squeezes myself at the crowd of people heading out of the building. Her illness is getting really worst, and it's making me really nervous just thinking of it. Thinking of what will it do to her.

I went around, and keep running while looking at all side hoping to see her. Until I heard not far away from me.

"Hey! Watch where you are going!", A man's yelling caught my attention, in the middle of the crowd just right beside the stoplight. In front of the pedestrian.

"Lisa?!", I shouted in panic the moment I saw her. And run towards the crowd, shoving everyone that's blocking my way. But before a could get near her. She run towards the highway.

My eyes grew wide and my heart started beating frantically. Because she run at the time when the lights turned green.

"No Lisa!", I shouted at the top of my lungs, and without thinking. I run and towards her.