Chapter 4: Who Do You Love?

Helloooooo my good readerssssss. I have returned!!! With a new chapter!!! I'd say this is long overdue but it's actually been a really short time since my last update, and like, I wrote 20,000 words in less than two weeks of another fanfic, and I'm still not sure how the hell i did that.

So in this chapter, I have no clue what's going on. simple as that. So sorry if anything is confusing. I'll try to explain it better if you comment your questions, soooo

(Also this has gotten so popular how the hell) (But thank you all so much!!!) Thanks for all the comments you've given this piece of garbage, so if you have any plot ideas or scenes you'd like to see, lemme know down in the comments, and I'll see what I can do! :D

I just want comments I'm so sorry.

Here's a new chapter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Riddle-he had hair again, and wasn't sporting a snake-face, but it was definitely him-seemed to have only just noticed Harry, judging from the way he immediately tensed and froze up. His bright, scarlet red eyes did nothing but stare at Harry with wide eyes, nor had he moved a muscle otherwise.

Harry thought Riddle's eyes were a very pretty color. They looked tired and weary, like he'd been working too hard and not getting near enough sleep, or perhaps from stress, and there was a mix of emotions showing, as if they were making up for the lack of reactions Tom was showing otherwise.

And then they started leaking tears.

Tom Marvolo Riddle was crying.

Harry didn't know what to do. This had certainly never happened before. Not in a single one of his lives. (Albeit, most had nothing to do with Voldemort.) Voldemort had never dared to show weakness to anybody.

However.. Tom Riddle was not Voldemort.

Riddle raised a shaky hand to his face, gently touching his cheek. "Oh."

He didn't seem surprised that there were tears steaming down his face. It seems he was still frozen in shock over seeing Harry again. Harry realized that this must not have been Riddle's first time crying recently, if he wasn't surprised by their presence.

Harry summoned a calming draught. The faint wisp of magic he used to do so reached Riddle's magic easily, as it was only gently floating around him.

And Riddle broke down completely.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I wasn't thinking when I tried to hurt your family, I swear I didn't mean to-" Riddle started almost hyperventilating, falling on his knees and eyes leaking even more than before. He tried to wipe them away with the sleeve of his robes, but more and more tears kept reappearing and it was useless and now his face was a mess, but he couldn't bring himself to care, because everything was useless and why did he even try in the first place. "I didn't mean to make you leave and Merlin, all I can do is mess up and all I've done is hurt you more and more and I don't know why you even bothered to put up with me in the first place and now I felt your magic again and I'm back to realizing what a big mistake I made and I still can't find them. I can't even begin to apologize for everything and I can't find the last two and I don't even have a clue as to where they are and I don't want you to leave me alone again because it hurts being away from you and it hurts not feeling your magic and it hurts knowing that you hate me and that I've messed up my only chance and I can't even do one thing right without messing up even more and Merlin, I'm so pathetic-"