Chapter 23

Jordan's P.O.V
I had a long warm shower. I was blank. I did not what to think, I did not know what to feel. I was just blank. I laid in the bath tub and my life just swayed in my mind.
I was an orphan. I spent my childhood in the foster home where I was bullied because I was tiny. Then when I went to university where I had my first boy friend, he turned out to be an abuser. Soon my owner of the foster also started abusing me. I tried to get a job as soon as possible so I could afford a home and other stuffs. Soon I bought a small apartment and a car. Few months later the accident happened and I sold off the car.
I worked for two years in the cafe till I got a deal in Steel Enterprise. That's where I got my confidence back. I worked hard and when I met Luke I thought my life was complete.
And now look what I got myself into -a werewolf life. When I shifted for the first time I realised that my whole life was a lie. Then the concept of mates and meeting Mark, I thought life could now be better.
But this life was of betrayal. I hated my parents to abandon me, I hate Luke, I hated Mark and now I hate myself. I wiped my tears and stood up to dry myself.
I chanted the same mantra that kept me going.
I am strong.
Yes you are Jordan. And now you have me.
I heard Sara speak to me. I smiled at my reflection. At least I am not alone.
You will never be alone again. I will have your back.
I dressed up quickly.
I saw Stacey and Jessica waiting for me.
"We got you some breakfast. I am sure you are hungry."
I smiled at Jessica who handed me a tray full of food . And I have two other people who love me and are standing besides me other than their brother.

As I finished the last piece of food, I heard Jason knock at the door.
"Hi Jordan. How are you feeling?"
I smiled at him.
"I feel healthy and strong."
"Yes your wolf is bigger than mine." He blushed.
"Why are you here?" Stacey asked him rudely.
"Babe you know I have duties. Duties towards the pack, I can't abandon the Alpha. Please understand. I know he is wrong and I am with him only because of business." He looked at her pleadingly.
"But I came here for a reason. Your mother wants to meet Jordan."
"Why would mother want to see her."
He shrugged at her question and I just nodded.
I combed my hair and followed Jason out of the room.

I knocked at Sophie's door.
"Come in." Came a weak voice.
"Hello Sophie."
"How are you holding up my dear?" I was confused at what to answer. She was weak and lied on the bed who could have told her.
"You forget my dear. I am still the Luna and I am connected to all the wolves. I know everything that is happening in the pack." She cleared my confusion with a weak smile.
"I don't know Sophie."
"I understand. Mark wasn't always like this. The hunger for a mate made him so."
"But I am here now. Then why did he do what he did."
"Old habits die hard."
I was annoyed. Of course she would take his side.
"His father was like this. Dominant and always angry. He was power hungry and also a male chauvinist."
"Huh?"
"Mark was a loving boy. He always wanted to be like his father. But he didn't know that his father was a bad man."
She had tears in her eyes.
"Please Sophie, you need rest. Do not stress yourself."
"No you need to know the truth. You need to understand our family. You are the future Luna."
"No I am not. Vanessa is."
"Oh that gold digger. Noway she can be a Luna. Do you have time to listen to what happened 12 years ago?"
"Of course I do."
"Come here then." She pattes at the place close to her on the bed and I climbed on besides her.
"My husband, Jared was stubborn and full of ego when I met him. Soon we were in love and he took the Alpha title from his father and I became the Luna.
Soon we were blessed with Mark. Jared was always strict with him. Too hard on my little boy. Jared had a beautiful sister Olivia. She was a soft hearted girl. Her wolf was pure white and she was my best friend. She made me feel home here."
She paused and slowly got up and walked clumsily towards her cupboard to fetch an old album.
She showed me pictures of a very young Sophie and Olivia.
"On the 18th birthday of Olivia we invited the neighbouring Alphas to see if she could find her mate. And of course she found Robert. A dashing young Alpha known for his kindness."
"Luke's father?" I asked
"Yes dear. He was a great man. But Jared did not approve of  him at the beginning but Robert found a way to win the hearts of everyone and around the same time I was blessed with Jessica. Soon Olivia left to join Robert's pack. But something went wrong with Jared he was harder on Mark and he was becoming more and more power hungry. Sometimes out of anger he would abuse me as well. Something that cooled him down was the birth of Luke. But soon his bad tempered had returned."
She took a pause to drink some water.
"One night, when I was pregnant with Stacey he returned home broken. He was on his knees crying.
I asked him what was wrong and he said. He killed them. Someone innocent. On asking who, he replied Alpha Vincent and Luna Maria. Maria was none other my childhood best friend. Alpha Vincent was my father's beta's son. As I did not have any brother Vincent had taken over after my father. I was in shock when I realised what my mate had done. He had attacked my pack. He had killed my parents as well Jordan. I was broken and I started hating him, my own mate." She had tears again and gulped down some more water.
"Maria had been blessed with a baby girl just a month ago who my mate had got home. The only survivor of the pack. But we couldn't keep her so we gave her up for adoption. We knew that if she grew up away from the human world, her wolf would always remain dormant and save herself from being a rogue. But you have Maria's eyes."
I was shocked when she said that.
"I recognised you the first day I saw you dear."
"Your husband killed them. Yes he did. He was a crazy man. He was so crazy that he out of spite he had brainwashed everyone in our pack that Robert was a traitor and he was causing rogue attacks. He along with his best warriors attacked the pack of his own sister and tried to kill Olivia and Robert too. But Robert was strong enough to save himself. Robert had trained Olivia as a warrior too. So both could self defend themselves and they ran away with Luke. Unfortunately that was the same day when there was a rogue attack where I lost my mate, Jason lost his and Stacey lost hers. I was not a good Luna my dear. I couldn't save my husband, my mate. But you can. I trust you."
"This is so much to take in. First Mark's behaviour and now all this."
"Yes I know dear. But someone needed to tell you the truth. For Mark, his father was a hero. He has never seen the dark side of Jarred. Jessica has always been aloof from the family. Where as for Stacey she hates her father because she blames him for the death of her mate. She always wanted to train like a warrior but wasn't allowed to do so. I wasn't strong enough to raise my voice Jordan. But you have to save my children dear. Please."
I was so full with information that I did not realise when I fell asleep.
—-/AN/—
Gosh! This was a long chapter. I hope you liked the way I laid my plot. If you seriously did, please do not forget to leave your comments and likes. And please please do not forget to vote!
p.s. I am trying to be as regular as possible.