Chapter 37 Barely Breathing

Not Edited!

Previously:

"I say temporary because only one of you will come out of here alive" he said laughing as my breath hitched.

"You or Hannah" he said and I froze.

Hannah?!

☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯

Lana p.o.v

I looked at the girls frail body lying just inches beside me and my wolf growled.

I didn't have any sympathy for that bitch, and that wasn't even coming from my wolf.

Her blonde flock of hair was covering her face, so I couldn't see her properly. But I knew she was still breathing because of the steady rise and fall of her chest.

"Anyway, I have other business to do such as kill your lame mate" Nick said pulling me out of my trance.

I growled at him and he laughed in response.

"You won't be able to kill him, your only human" I yelled at him, and he continued laughing at me.

He walked over to me and grabbed my face roughly in his hands, shaking it continuously.

"Sweetie who said I was human?" he asked me. My head was aching by the constant pain Nick was inflicting on me.

If I could I would have hooked his face, but my hands were restricted by the silver chains. I tried pulling my face away from his filthy hands, but my wolf was weak and he was to strong.

"Let go of me, you stupid asshole" I yelled as he scoffed pulling his tight grip away from my face.

I breathed a sigh of relief as his hands left my face, my cheeks were burning in pain as I could feel his finger prints begin to permanently mark my face.

"Anyway I can't waste any more time here" he said and spat in my direction before leaving the dark room.

I wanted to cry.

All those years of friendship were fake, I just couldn't establish the fact that my best friend was a murderer and was currently hurting me and feeling no remorse.

The guy who I once thought couldn't even hurt a fly was inflicting pain on me and being accused of committing a murder.

I could still remember how we met.

I had just started high school, we were both freshmen, no one from the pack wanted to associate with me never mind be my friend. Me and Alex had, had a fall out at the time over something stupid and Drake was on holiday.

So I was completely alone on my first day of high school. That's when Nick came over.

He started talking to me but even as a kid I was really shy and reserved. I knew he wasn't werewolf because there was no scent on him plus he didn't have the features of a werewolf.

It was only the first day and he literally had girls swooning over him and he had no idea. I remember the first time seeing him, his dark brown hair and bright green eyes made him look different from the average popular kid.

It only took me and Nick a matter of days to become best friends.

He had a lovable attitude, the total opposite of what he is now. He was the most kindest person I had ever met, always putting others before himself.

Now when I think about it I wonder....

Was it all just a facade?

To show me that he cared about me and was my friend when actually he had other intentions in his mind?