Prologue

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's that you're too reckless of a person," Air huffed, sliding the cash into her purse. "The last time you returned, you came back with a slit on your leg."

Api growled in frustration. "That was an accident! I tripped over a cat!"

"A cat," Air repeated.

"A cat!" Api emphasised.

Air sighed. She fished out a wad of cash from her purse and handed it to her twin brother. "You better be more careful."

Api accepted the cash with glee. "Of course! Thanks, sis!"

Putting on his shoes hastily, he swung their room door open and bolted towards the busier parts of the city. His destination was clear as day—the school gym.

Since he and Air were young, they'd displayed outstanding flexibility. Their parents got them into gymnast or ballet lessons, but Api proved to be too much of an explosive person to attend such etiquette. Air, on the other hand, was a fish in water. Not only did she excel at them, she was the champion of the globe multiple times over.

Api didn't enjoy those lessons. Now, being 15 years old, was living in an apartment near his school with his sister. He could do whatever the hell he wants, and that's when he discovered the school's boxing club. Since it was an obscure one, the only way he could enter was through a recommendation, but that didn't dampen his spirit for the violent sport.

Loaning his sister's prize money from time to time, he purchased a monthly membership at the school's gym. At times, he could see the boxing club's members training there, and it motivated him to work harder. This caused him to neglect most of his studies and flunk texts. No context needed. The only reason wasn't held back yet was Air holding his membership card as a hostage so he would actually sit on his desk and study.

That girl was evil. Insert crying face meme here. No context required.

Despite all that, his training paid off. The only downside to training so much was his height. Air was taller than him by centimetres, despite being younger than him. It could be "girls mature faster than guys" bullshit, but Api was sensitive when it came to stuff like this.

Of course, convincing Air to cough up enough cash for him to afford the membership wasn't easy. She always spends a lot of it buying snacks and working out more afterwards so she won't gain weight, so Api was technically doing her a favour by cutting her snack cash.

Air didn't appreciate it.

"Look, sis, I know you're gonna spend all that money on snacks anyway! You know you'll get fat like when you're young too, you know? I'm doing you a big favour here!"

Welp, at least we now know why Api was kicked out of her room with a slap mark on his face.

In spite of this, they were close. Even if Air was visibly more passive than Api, they cared for each other.

"Another month's membership!" Api slammed the wad of cash on the table.

The receptionist adjusted her glasses. "You again, eh? You sure like the gym a lot. Whatever. You're almost late."

Api beamed. "Thank you!"

And that was why Air greeted him with his unfinished homework like the devil when he returned at 11pm.

Oh shit.

The next day, he was both mentally and physically exhausted. The day's homework had left him drained, and he struggled to dispatch each math question without fail. It didn't help the fact that Air was sleeping on the table while he was doing it.