27- The Weekend

The weekend had slowly made its way here. At first I was dreading it, I didn't want to leave the house. But after some reassurance from Jonas, Lacey, and Laura, I decided to hell with it.

I loved Nova and this weekend was all about her.

I had planned a huge surprise.

A romantic weekend, just the two of us, and I was ready for the next step.

I was going to propose.

I hated thinking it was to soon. But I wanted Nova forever and I hoped she did too.

The bags were all packed and loaded into the car, we just had to wait for Lacey to come pick up Hallie before we could leave.

Nova wasn't in the mood, especially after she had read the texts. She didn't want to go with me, I had to bribe her.

If she didn't like the trip then I would give her a massage. Which I was going to do anyway.

It was all part of my elaborate plan.

The hotel was in the next town, which was Lakeview. And the room had, get this, a view of the lake. The trees were in full bloom and the lake was glistening. It was so still it looked like glass.

Nova and I had already checked in and made our way up to the honeymoon suite.

The night was going to begin in a few minutes. I had a reservation to a really fancy restaurant in thirty minutes, so currently Nova was in the bathroom getting dressed in the gown I had bought her.

I don't know why I picked out something so sexy, but I couldn't help it. Just like I won't be able to help myself tonight, I'm really going to struggle keeping my hands to myself.

Just as I secure my tie Nova steps out of the bathroom. Her normally curly hair, was up in a bun, she had a few tendrils hanging down, her makeup was simple. Browns and golds coated her eyes, and she paired it with a nude lip.

The dress I had gotten her was gold and sparkly, it hugged all of her glorious curves and had a slit that went high up her thigh. The back was low and it had thin straps holding it up. She paired it with a pair of nude heels.

My jaw drops as I watch her put in her earrings.

"What? Is it to much?" She asks as her cheeks get red.

"No. Baby you look stunning."

He ducks her head and twirls her thumbs around each other.

I walk over to her and place my fingers under her chin, and tilt her face up.

"You look so beautiful, absolutely perfect"

She smiles at me, and my heart lurches.

I could never get enough of her. That's why I was proposing today, I loved her, I wanted a future with her and Hallie in it.

I lean down and place my lips on hers softly. The kiss is quick and sweet. When we separate my heart rate increases. I wanted her so bad, but it was to soon, and I knew tonight would be special.

I hoped to god she said yes.

"Shall we?" I ask taking her hand in mine.

She nods at me as we make our way to the elevator.

Once inside, we hit the button for the ground floor. I snake my arm around her waist, and pull her into my side.

"Are you ready for tonight?"

"I'm a little nervous, I don't know what you have planned, but I trust you"

I lean over and kiss her temple.