26

"I have found a daycare centre."

Jeongguk's head snapped to Hoseok's direction almost immediately, putting down the game controller on the floor without bothering to pause the game. Hoseok scoffed upon his friend's widened eyes and agape mouth, the sight of Jeongguk forgetting his game was absolutely rare but then, Hoseok reminded himself that he was talking to the new Jeongguk.

"You- you have?" Hoseok nodded at Jeongguk's question. "You're fast."

"We have less than a week left before university starts again. I thought you asked me to look for one as soon as possible?" Hoseok quirked an eyebrow, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees. The loud 'game over' coming from the television cut off his words, but Jeongguk was quick to switch the main plug off so they could talk in peace. "Don't worry. I did consider everything."

"Such as?"

"The amount you need to pay is reasonable. And it's near to our university. You can drop by if your I-miss-my-son ass suddenly decides to greet you."

Jeongguk scowled upon Hoseok's statement and hissed under his breath. "What nonsense are you talking about."

Hoseok chuckled in a rather mocking way. His back was now leaning against the couch before his arm randomly reached for a plushie. "Like I don't know you, Guk. You can lie to me but you can't lie to yourself." Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows at Jeongguk, but the latter decided to ignore the tease by making himself busy with collecting the CDs sprawled on the floor. "Attachment and soft spot. Don't forget they exist."

It amused yet made Hoseok sick to the core to see how his friend was still trying to hide the feelings he had for the baby from him. Though Hoseok was used to be described as loud and easy going, those didn't make him into an ignorant person who was dead dense to realise and notice everything happening before his eyes. He had known Jeongguk since their very first lecture and it was very safe for him to say that he almost couldn't see the old Jeongguk in the latter now—but his habit of gambling was still there and probably would never vanish until Jeongguk gets a real job.

It was funny that Jeongguk had the gut to say that Hoseok was the one who's wrong when he basically saw everything. Hoseok saw the reflection of Jeongguk playing with Hyun at the corner of the practise room when he was dancing. He saw Jeongguk's worried expression when he said he had to send Hyun to a daycare centre because the babysitter apparently had to attend her class as well. Hoseok witnessed how matured Jeongguk had became, witnessed how worried and scared he was to hand the little boy to someone he didn't know. Funny? Yes, it was but Hoseok couldn't bring  himself to laugh at the so-called joke. He wondered if Jeongguk still remembered what he said when he first had Hyun, wondered where on earth did he shove the hatred he used to have towards Hyun away to be so in love with the boy now.

Hoseok obviously had nothing to do with the deal Jeongguk had with Jimin. But unlike Jeongguk, Hoseok knew the bad sides of  having attachment and soft spot.

"I'm telling the babysitter that we will fetch her in an hour." Jeongguk changed the subject as he scrolled the screen of his phone. "Bring me to the daycare centre after this. We need to get Hyun used to the person first before we can send him there. You know how Hyun is, right? I don't want him to cry the moment I left him."

"You are scared if you can't leave him, aren't you?" Hoseok teased for the nth time.

"I have classes to attend, Hoseok." Jeongguk rolled his eyes before they darted to the phone again.

"How about the babysitter?"

Jeongguk got up from the floor and plopped next to Hoseok. "We promised to take turns to look after Hyun. Means that I don't have to send Hyun to the daycare centre if she's free and vice versa. That will reduce cost. So she needs to know the place too, just in case she needs to fetch Hyun later."