31

ARTHUR PULLED back, with small pants leaving his mouth

ARTHUR PULLED back, with small pants leaving his mouth. Amara smiled.

"What? What happened?" Arthur asked.

"I just missed you, is all." She replied.

"Come here. Sit on daddy's lap." He simply said Amara stood up and straddled him.

"You never apologized," Amara said, running her fingers through his long hair.

"I'm sorry babe, for cheating on you. It was wrong. But I only love you. I don't love Mera. I love you. It won't happen again. Forgive me."

"All is forgiven. But if you do it again, you'll regret it."

Amara now felt a sense of relief. All the nervousness and anxiety that came with confronting Arthur had left. Things between the two were now resolved.

"I have a question." Amara asked, looking up at her boyfriend.

"Yeah. What is it?"

"Because we're back together, do you want to move in with me?" She told him, full of hope that he'd say yes.

Arthur felt overjoyed that they were taking next steps into their relationship. Amara waited for him to reply.

"Of course. Of course I will. I would love that."

Amara pulled out a little box with a spare key. She had always kept it with her since she got the apartment.

"So you'll move in with me? I'm a bit of a bitch." She said, opening the black velvet box.

"I don't mind. I promise I'll be a great roomie."

He smiled, and took the box and held the key in his hands. Amara kissed Arthur softly and left.

Once in her home, she turned on the lights and tossed her keys on the counter. She sighed and grabbed a bottle of bourbon, popping it open and took a big sip. It burned her throat, but she didn't mind. She felt happy, something she hadn't felt in a long time. She truly was happy. Arthur made her happy. She was now reunited with the love of her life. Yet, she still felt a small void in her life. She felt empty. Even though she was happy, she was still empty. She was still healing, getting over the loss of her unborn daughter. Her head daughter.

Her daughter could've been three months old if Perseus hadn't stabbed and tortured her. Soon enough, she finished the whole bottle of alcohol. Alcohol didn't do much. It didn't affect her. She went to her room, and on her bed lay a familiar object. An object of war. She gasped to herself.

Amara took a step closer to her bed. Upon realizing what it was, she raised an eyebrow. Why was it there?

It was Hades' helmet. The helmet of invisibility. Underneath it, was a handwritten letter. It was from Perseus, her ex husband, aka a maniac. She sat on the edge of her bed and began to read it to herself.