Awkward Entrances and Windowsill Conversations

*Hazel's Pov*

"Hazel?!?!" A voice called from the door of Asher's bedroom.

My eyes widened along with Asher's when we turned our heads to see who was at the door....

I saw my two little brothers, Jason and Finn standing at the door with their jaws on the floor. Their eyes were as wide as marbles. If I were to guess, they had just seen an alien.

"Jason?! Finn?! What are you guys doing here?!" I yelled from my place under a shirtless Asher.

"We were all looking around for you! You didn't come back from your date yesterday so everyone was worried!" Jason explained.

Finn tilted his head in confusion. "Wait, I thought you went on a date with some dude named Caleb. Why are you under our neighbor the day after??" My brothers must've thought I was working at a brothel or something!

I pushed Asher off of me and shot out of bed. "Guys! Caleb left with Asher's date last night so I just stayed here. Where did everyone else go to look for me?" I asked. I was really scared of getting in trouble with my family. I usually never gained so much attention that they'd have to make a little search party for me!

Finn scratched his head. "Umm...Oh yeah! They called your friends. You know like Ivy and Honey and the other girls." That makes sense. I'm just glad they didn't get any authorities involved.

"Well, now that you found me, let's go!" I grabbed my bag from Asher's night stand and my clothes from the previous night.

"Wait, Hazel. You're only wearing socks. They'll get ruined." Jason said as I grabbed him and Finn's wrists to follow behind me.

"Hazel! Hold u-" Asher tried calling back for me but I interrupted. This had gotten super awkward super quickly and I wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"Listen, I should go! My family's looking for me! Bye, thanks for letting me crash!" I said quickly and pulled my brothers out of the house.

I stopped my brothers outside of our front door to give them a brief talk. "What exactly do you guys think happened?"

"Did you guys hook up??" Jason asked bluntly. I gasped and slapped his arm.

"No we did not hook up!! We didn't do anything! My date abandoned me and I was already at Asher's so I just stayed there! Nothing happened!" I was standing in the driveway yelling at my two younger teenage brothers about how I didn't hook up with our neighbor. I never thought I'd have to have this conversation with them.

"Okayyyy.... What do you want us to tell everyone else, then?" Finn asked, raising his eyebrow.

I thought for a moment. "Tell everyone that my date left me so I stayed at Asher's house. But if they ask, we didn't do anything. So basically, tell them the truth."

The two boys nodded and we walked over to our house and inside. Jason yelled out to our mom to tell her that they found me and they'd explain once everyone came down.

~~~~~~~

"He thinks he's so macho!! I'm gonna beat that little twerp to a pulp! Who does he think he is?!" My oldest brother Cameron was ranting.

"I'm mostly just disappointed in you for using the word 'macho'. But why are you guys all so mad?" I pulled my knees to my chest in my place on the couch. We were all in the living room where my brothers and I explained what happened.

"What if he did something to you??"

"We can't trust him!"

"We don't know much about him!"