Episode Four

Needless to say, I was losing my mind as I waited for Eli to return

Needless to say, I was losing my mind as I waited for Eli to return. I could only hope Nico and Jessica were already headed our way.

Delia's black eyes wouldn't stop tormenting me. How could Delia Sanford be that thing?

Plus, I couldn't understand what caused that girl to attack the man in the parking lot, and how in the hell had a bite turned Delia into a screaming monster so quickly?

The warehouse door opened, I waited for Eli, Nico, and Jessica to walk out, but no such luck.

I bit my lip.

Come on, Eli. Hurry.

I called Jessica. I could only hope she was lucid enough to feel her phone vibrating. As I listened to her personalized ringtone, someone hit the window with their palm, scaring the living crap out of me.

"Eli, are you in there? It's me. I just want to talk." It was the little blond from earlier, and her two friends stood close by.

I let out a sigh. I didn't know what their history was, and honestly, I didn't want to know. There was no way I was talking to her.

Luckily, the dark-tinted windows made it nearly impossible for anyone to see inside. She would get the message and walk away.

She beat on the window again. Okay. Maybe not. "Nico, is that you in there? Do you know where Eli is?"

What was wrong with this girl?

Doing my best to ignore her, I redialed Jessica.

Blondie and her friends had some guts because they cupped their eyes and pressed their faces to the glass to peer inside the Charger.

What if someone was naked in here? I mean, no one was, but they would've been playing with fire if there had been.

When Blondie's gaze landed on me, her eyebrows crammed together. "You."

Uh... I had no idea how to respond to that. I wasn't a jealous person, and I never understood why girls got so jealous. If the guy didn't want me, then hey, I didn't waste my time, but Blondie was apparently a very jealous person.

"Open this door!" Blondie fought the door handle like it was going to magically open without a key.

When the Charger started to rock, I wanted to yell at her, but I knew I had to do something. I'd promised Eli I wouldn't get out of the Charger, but damn, I couldn't just hide.

When I opened the door, Blondie glared at me alongside her two friends. I couldn't understand why they disliked me so much.

Wrapping my hands around my waist, I leaned against the Charger's door. "Okay. I'm out. What do you want?"

"You think you can talk to me like that?" Blondie's face scrunched up, reminding me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

"Okay, I don't know what I did, but—"