Episode Eighteen

A hard knock at the door jerked me into consciousness

Eli's arm muscles flexed around me.

Half of my body covered his. I was basically sleeping on top of him, and it was glorious. The way his body caged me in made me feel safer than ever.

Another hard knock came from our door.

"What?" Eli asked.

"Dude, you guys have been sleeping for over sixteen hours. Are you alive in there?" Nico tried to turn the knob, but Eli had locked it.

"Yes. Now leave." Eli's chest vibrated under my ear.

"But I'm bored. Come out here and entertain me." Nico's mouth was pressed into the crack between the door and its frame. 

I bit back the need to smile.

"Entertain yourself, dumbass. We're busy sleeping." Eli yelled as he traced circles over my back.

"Nicky, what the hell is wrong with you?" Jasmine whisper shouted. "Leave them alone."

"Oh good, you're awake. Never mind! Minnie's awake." Nico sounded fully rested and giddy. "Ow. What was that for?"

"For being a dumbshit, that's what! You woke everyone up with your stupid whining." Jasmine sounded pissed as she continued to punch Nico.

"Ow. Stop! You better stop, or I'll ground pound you." Nico declared at the top of his lungs, but Jasmine didn't stop. "Alright, that's it."

Jasmine squealed all the way into another room.

I laughed. I couldn't help it. Maybe it was that I'd gotten plenty of sleep, but they were hilarious.

Eli's chest rumbled under me as he laughed with me.

Sunlight of the new day shined through a crack in the dark curtains. I propped myself up on his chest to see his smile.

Eli's chestnut gaze was full of life as our laughing tapered off. My eyes searched his face, stopping to study his piercing. I ran my finger over his perfect outline of dark facial hair before my fingers traced over his lips. My fingers trembled slightly.

Embarrassed by my shaky fingers, I glanced down. I was right. It was a tattoo of my name over Eli's heart. My finger skimmed over his skin, outlining the script.

Eli jerked and pushed me off of him. He sat up, grabbing a nearby shirt.

"What's wrong?" Shock washed over me.

Without answering, Eli speedily whipped the black tee shirt over his head before pulling on some jeans.

"Is that my name? Or do you know someone else named Lilly?" I was hoping he would say something.

He went to the closet and rummaged around until he found a white hat. He slipped it on and pulled it low. I was beginning to catch on to Eli's moods and knew when he pulled his hat down low that he was fully guarded.