Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Lienna

Odin was waiting for me when I came down for breakfast.

He nodded at me and said simply, "She's arrived."

I didn't understand why he wanted me to meet her, but I tilted my head in acknowlegdement and followed him. He was a surprisingly brisk walker for a man of his age and it was almost hard for me to keep up.

I learned from Odin that she waited in one of his private sitting rooms.

"If I may ask, Allfather, why do you need me to see her? Has Thor even met her?"

"I want you to make sure she is right for him. He hasn't met her yet for that reason. Thor does not even know of her presence or her coming." Odin replied. We had finally reached the room.

Inside, I saw her sitting nervously. When she saw me, her expression softened, recognizing a kindred spirit.

"Lienna, this is Wisteria. Wisteria, Lady Lienna." Odin introduced us. Wisteria seemed uncomfortable with Odin, most likely having never met royalty.

"If you don't mind, Odin, can I have some time alone with her? It can be unsettling, coming to a palace." I said, knowing the feeling.

Odin dipped his head in understanding and stepped out of the room.

I turned back to Wisteria. "Welcome. I'm Lienna, as Odin introduced."

"Wisteria, though I prefer Ria." Her beautiful brown eyes looked up at me.

"Ria, do you know why you're here? Not to frighten you, but sometimes they take people without consent or information."

She gave me a small smile. "I'm here to court Thor? I've never heard of him."

I took her hand in mine. "He's a wonderful man. Kind, gentle, protecting. However,  Thor can be loud, and he does like to party."

Her face lit up. "I've always wanted to go to grand parties with a partner. Someone I could laugh with, or dance with."

Ria seemed perfect for Thor, from what I had gathered just now. She brushed her honey colored hair behind her ear.

"He has feelings, right? He's not too happy?" she asked timidly. "Thor's not selfish?"

"Sometimes, he may act like it, but trust me, you'll see what he's like inside."

She nodded. "So why are you here?"

I thought for a moment. "There's another prince, Loki. We, uh, our fates are intertwined."

Her face darkened. "Were you forced here? I've heard tales of torture from intertwined fates."

I was forced here, but there wasn't any torture. Hopefully. "I didn't know about our fates at first, but now I do."

"You'll have to show me Prince Loki." She blushed. "And Thor."

"Don't worry, I'll show you around. Come on."

Ria followed me to the dining hall. Besides the fact that I was teaching her the way around, I was hungry.

Thor was talking to Fandral, Volstagg, and Sif. I lead Ria over to him.

"Thor, I have someone I'd like you to meet," I announced, tapping his shoulder. Wisteria looked at me with fear.

"Who?" Thor asked, facing me.

"This is Wisteria."

Thor took one look at her and went silent. Ria was also in awe at the prince and his features.