Vol 4 Chap 123

XH 123

This time, Xiao Hua left the Eighth Prince and Eunuch Heng to talk privately at a far corner and continue eating her lunch that she could no longer have the heart to enjoy. Her eyes could not help but keep glancing at them. They had stood far enough she could not read their lips or eavesdrop on their conversation.

Knowing that Xiao Hua was feeling bad, Duan XiYing said gently, "You did nothing wrong."

"I could have let their relationship slowly develop further," Xiao Hua mumbled as she stuffed rice into her mouth without thoroughly chewing them before swallowing.

"But Xiao Hua knows Eunuch Heng does not have that kind of feeling towards the Eighth Prince," Duan XiYing pointed out. "XiYing knows too."

Xiao Hua, with surprising awe on her face, raised her head to look at Duan XiYing, who smiled in response. "Eunuch Heng only views the Eighth Prince as his master, or perhaps a younger brother.

Xiao Hua stared down at her half-eaten bowl of rice with a troubled look. She hastily placed down her bowl of rice and silver chopstick. "I need to stop him!"

"Xiao Hua?"

"I might have been too quick to conclude things! They are still young and there is still a chance for Eunuch Heng to love Heise!"

"XiYing always thought the Eighth Prince is looking at someone else when he looks at Eunuch Heng," Duan XiYing said solemnly. "Xiao Hua also noticed it too, right?"

Xiao Hua shivered, looking conflicted. "...I might be wrong." In fact, she was not even a love expert! She had confronted Heise with a righteous mind-set, but was it right for her to do so?

"With two people seeing the same thing it should not be a mistake."

Feeling tight in her chest, Xiao Hua bites her lips to control her tears from appearing. "I have destroyed Heise's dream."

"Xiao Hua did not destroy the Eighth Prince's dream but wake him up. If he still continues dreaming, he would hurt himself even deeper when he finally wakes up and finally notice that the reality is not the same as his dream. By then, it would be even harder for him to heal his heart."

Spotting the Eighth Prince coming back from the corner of her eyes, Xiao Hua quickly turned her head to scrutinize his expression. Anger and hurt coloured his eyes, but there was also a reluctant realization mixed in it.

"I won't thank you for it!" The Eighth Prince snapped as he took back his seat and start shoving food into his mouth as if releasing his frustration on his food.

"Are you giving up?" Xiao Hua asked worriedly.

"No way am I giving up!" The Eighth Prince declared fiercely. "There is still a lot of time and he can't escape from me!"

"Good luck...?"

"I will look at him properly!" The Eighth Prince declared with a huff and continues stuffing food into his mouth.

When Xiao Hua finally understands what he meant, she smiled in a mixture of relief and joy. "That's good."

"I will let Duke Heng visit me," the Eighth Prince said between bites. "It would be better for him to be close to me since he's helping the Third Prince, right?"

Xiao Hua nodded. "Yup. Duke Heng is also very handsome." She reminded him without tact.

"Fine! I know! I will hug him!"

"You don't need to make it sound like a chore! I know you will enjoy touching a fine-looking man!"

The Eighth Prince snorted. "Your taste and my taste are different!"