four ✧ surprise visits

✧-*•° ✧°•*-

"Wait, we had English homework?" Miles questioned in shock

"Wait, we had English homework?" Miles questioned in shock. Katsuki Bakugo stared at him with a raised eyebrow, arms crossed in irritation.

"The fuck do you think this is? Of course we did," the blonde scoffed in return.

"Bakugoooo, what the fuck!"

"What in the hell do you want from me, fucking Beanstalk?!" Katsuki shouted, the crackle of small explosions shining off of his palms. Miles continued to complain and blame the boy with the explosion quirk, the heat coming from his skin not stopping the teasing.

His other friends soon joined in; Mina, Hanta, and Denki waving their crumpled homework in Katsuki's face and moaning like the undead. Kirishima decided to step in when the four surrounded Bakugo in the locked position of a t-pose, causing his voice to rise in a shout and catch the attention of their classmates.

"Guys, don't provoke him," Red Riot chuckled. Bakugo pushed Mina's shoulders, causing her to stumble into Miles and the circle to break. They all laughed as Bakugo stomped to his seat, but followed suit with hurried steps when the classroom door opened and the voice of their teacher called out.

Miles barely made it to his desk, jumping in behind Midoriya and pulling out a pencil as if he wasn't just occupied with tormenting his friend. He heard Todoroki chuckle behind him, and shot him a playful glare.

"Quiet down," Shota Aizawa called out. "We have a 'special' guest today." Murmurs rose through the classroom, Eraserhead's air quotes catching them off guard. A few of them froze as flames licked through the doorway, the big lumbering figure startling them.

Endeavor's gaze was sharp and cold, the fire around his eyes creating dramatic shadows. The playful, vibrant, and welcoming atmosphere that the children always held suddenly stilled, the heroes-in-training twitching with an odd feeling.

The #1 pro hero was supposed to bring hope, as All Might once did, but this man had the opposite effect.

The eldest Todoroki was stiff as he looked around the room, eyes boring into the students that he imagined held his definition of power. He stopped on Shoto for a moment, before continuing to his right. Miles immediately felt his stomach drop when the pair of ice blue eyes met with his hazel ones.

The teenage boy's face reddened as Endeavor stared at him in shock, the facial flames becoming slightly larger in size. Shoto shifted in his seat once he noticed what was going on, watching his father closely.

"Uh, Mr. Aizawa," Kaminari raised his hand, taking one for the team. A few of Miles' friends coughed at the sight of the odd exchange, glancing at him in worry. "What's Endeavor doing here?"

"As the #1 pro hero in Japan, it's part of his duty to check on the progress of those who will one day take his place," Aizawa explained flatly. Todoroki frowned as Endeavor glanced to him at the final part of the sentence. "He'll be watching over your gym class today."

-*•° °•*-

"I broke my fucking back, dude," Miles hissed as he sat down at lunch. Bakugo scoffed while Mina let out some whooping laughter, while Sero chuckled nervously.

"Uh, shouldn't you get that checked out?"

"Yeah," Kirishima immediately agreed. "It looked like you hit the ground pretty hard. I still don't understand how it happened anyways, you're usually on top of your game when you're against Todoroki."

"The boyfriend finally got to you?" Kaminari teased, loud enough so that Shoto himself could hear as he walked closer to them (Iida, Uraraka, and Midoriya following behind). "Distracted in class I can totes get, but during a match?"

"Are you dumbasses blind?" Bakugo sighed. "It was obviously that bastard pro hero."

"Bakugo's right," Todoroki spoke up. He pulled out the only empty besides Miles, the other one taken by Mina, and sat down. "I told you I didn't want you taking that job, Miles."

"Wait, di Angelo, you got a job?!" Mina cried. The aforementioned sighed, putting a hand up to his forehead.

"I've had it for three months, Ash."

"Oh my God that's why you could afford my tampons the other day!"

"Ashido," Iida scolded, "personal hygiene is not something that should be discussed at the—"

"MILES DI ANGELO AND SHOTO TODOROKI PLEASE REPORT TO PRINCIPAL NEZU'S OFFICE." A booming voice rumbled through the cafeteria, the third years sighing grumpily as their trays clattered about. It was silent for only a moment after the PA system clicked off, before the heroes-in-training continued on with their meals.

"Good luck, guys!" Ochako waved as the two boys walked out of the double doors. They walked through the corridors silently and too paranoid to join hands, already knowing who was waiting for them.

And sure enough, Endeavor stood with his arms crossed behind the door of their destination. Principal Nezu excused himself, knowing that the matter had nothing to do with his school, and left the three alone.

"You never told me you went to UA with my son, di Angelo," Endeavor growled with a sharp glare. Miles sat silent for a moment, before speaking up as calm as his shaking hands would allow him.

"It was never brought up during the interview, and I felt that it was important to keep my personal life private; outside of what you asked me."

"Then you should have told me," the 'hero' said to Shoto.

"Why? There's no reason," the teenager hissed back. His eyes narrowed fiercely, venom dripping off his tongue. "We barely know each other, we just happen to be in the same class."

The statement didn't hurt Miles any, but instead he found himself relieved. Endeavor found himself silent, maintaining eye contact with his 'greatest creation.'

"Is there anything else you're hiding?"

Miles only held the slightest bit of hesitation, but it was enough. "No."

"Okay. Back to lunch. I need you to work an hour later today."