five ✧ acquaintance

✧-*•° ✧°•*-

Miles didn't understand why Endeavor needed him an hour late until his last 45 minutes were upon him

Miles didn't understand why Endeavor needed him an hour late until his last 45 minutes were upon him. He was usually done with cleaning by now, but had made sure to be slow today because of the extra time.

The warm water felt good on his hands as he scrubbed the dishes effortlessly, already used to the fact that the family used more dishes than the average family (due to the absence of paper plates).

His muscles tensed when he heard a sizzling noise behind him, and a demonic warmth engulfed the room. He already knew that it was his boss, back home from his hero duties.

"Welcome home, Endeavor," Miles greeted through gritted teeth, holding back the urge to hurl some fine china at the man.

"I have questions," the man immediately responded. "How long have you known Shoto?"

"Since the school year began."

"What do you know about him?"

"What he tells me."

"Which is?"

"Nothing."

"Where is your ranking in class?"

"Ninth."

Endeavor's eyes narrowed, and he began to use his usual scare tactics. "di Angelo, I don't think—"

"Are you kidding me, Dad?" A voice called out. The two turned to Natsuo in surprise, who waltzed to the fridge and looked at its contents curiously. "Leave the kid alone."

"Natsuo, this isn't any of your–"

"He cleans the place where I live, it is my business. I don't know what's going on, but if you're gonna grill him for having a job you hired him for then you might as well fire him." Miles cringed at the statement, severely opposed to loosing such a well paying job. Endeavor stared at his second son in fury, before storming out the room.

Natsuo smirked in victory, grabbing a water bottle before closing the fridge.

"Thanks," Miles offered, hands still floating in the soapy water.

"Of course, I have to look out for my little bro's acquaintance," he winked in a teasing manner, before walking out from where he had came. Miles blushed lightly, wondering if he really meant that much to Shoto's siblings.