Chapter 19: Warm

"I really just want to be a warm, yellow light that pours over everyone I love."

-Conor Oberst

People have said, that the world around you was getting warmer with every passing day. That the sun was slowly moving closer to Earth in a forward motion, and that's why the ice caps were melting and why there was so much flooding and destruction.

Because the Earth was getting warmer.

A few months ago, maybe your naive self would have actually believed such bull crap.

Perhaps you would have stared up into the sky everyday wondering which hour would be your last.

Maybe you would have believed that the Earth was getting warmer.

But as you remembered the stiff body of your closest friend, you had no doubt in your mind that everything around you definitely felt colder.

You didn't know how to explain it.

The feeling of loosing someone.

It was more painful than anyone could actually put into words, although many people have tried. Trying to explain pain like that would be like trying to count the stars in the sky; pointless and exhausting.

You wanted all of this to be over. You didn't ask to be sent from universe to universe, constantly getting your heart broken. You wanted nothing to do with this. Why did it have to be you? Why couldn't the universe screw with someone else for a change?

What made you so special?

"Why is this all on me?"

Your voice came out hoarsely as you stared up at the starry sky above you, your blue eyes darting all over the heavens as you spoke to the one responsible for this.

Writer.

All the anger and frustration that you had built up began to ooze out of you in unhealthy amounts. This was all his fault. You were doing fine before he showed up. Your life wasn't perfect, but you were with your family and you weren't being forced to watch your friends die.

"What makes me so special?"

The stars above you twinkled in a mute response, almost as if they were mocking your evident suffering.

"What did I do to deserve this?!" Your once soft tone had now evolved into a louder, angrier pitch. You needed answers. You needed to know the exact reason why you were being subjected to this torture.

"I did what you told me to do!" You sobbed loudly. "I did everything right!"

A cool breeze greeted your face, softly blowing through your hair and caressing your face in a soothing manner.

"This is your fault!" You screamed. "All of this is because of you!"

Your chest heaved as you stared up at the falling moon. The stars were slowly beginning to disappear as soft sunlight slowly poured over the desert's sandy dooms, painting the sky with multiple hues of pinks, purples, and oranges.

"Who are you speaking to?"

Hoseok's soft voice rang out from behind you. His brown eyes taking in your frazzled form as you gripped the stone railing of the balcony of your bedroom.

After Jimin passed, one of the guards discovered the two of you and quickly spread the word of his passing to the physicians, who then told everyone else.