Chapter Eight: The Journal

-+—Mabel—+-

There he stood.
The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was my brother.

Cuts and bruises were the easiest things to spot, it almost distracted from his messy hair and tired expression. I almost didn't notice that we were in what looked like the Fearamid.

"Dipper...?"
His head shot up, and he looked mad. His expression didn't soften when he saw me, he actually looked more angry. "Dipper.. what's wrong?" I caught myself muttering.

"Shut up."
Those words pierced my heart like an arrow.
What's wrong with him?

"How could you ask that, when you should already know?" Tears formed in Dipper's eyes when he said that. I opened my mouth to speak, but he just continued.
"You could've helped me, Mabel. But you just stood there!" Those words hurt, because he was right. I didn't do anything.
"Dipper, I'm sorry.. I-"

Suddenly, my back collided with the cold, hard brick floor. "You're not sorry are you? You just don't want to feel guilty!" Dipper's foot weighed on my chest, and I found myself gasping for air. With each passing moment, Dipper's sneaker only pressed down harder on me, making it harder and harder to breath.

I slowly lost consciousness, but the one thing I saw just before I did was terrifying.

A smirk.
It didn't look right, but there was something worse; a faint yellow glow shining from under his hair, where I couldn't before see his eyes.

Then, I woke up.

-+—Dipper—+-

Living with Bill wasn't too bad. He gave me good food, and books to entertain myself. It was nothing like I thought it would be. Though, every night when I fell asleep on the comfortable bed I had, I always had a nightmare.

Sometimes it was about me loosing Mabel, and even my whole family.

Other times, I dreamt that I murdered them. I knew that it was nothing more than a nightmare that was most likely- no- definitely caused by bill, but that didn't change how I felt when I woke up.

I felt guilty, and it made me worry. What if Bill made me hurt them? What if I really did lose them?

No. That won't happen, we made a deal. I went with him, and he didn't hurt my family.

"That doesn't mean I can't make you hurt them, Pinetree."

I looked up at Bill, who was leaning on the doorframe, holding something in his hand. I couldn't make out what it was though.

"What do you want Bill?" I growled. Seeing him made my blood boil. After all, he did try to hurt my family. Taunted us all that summer and tried to take over the world! Its not something that you get over easily.

"Geez,Pinetree. The least you could do is be a little nicer." Bill walked over to the foot of my bed and sat down next to me.  "I can still lock you in the dungeon,~" He whispered to me. I moved away from him. His voice sent chills down my spine. "Relax, I'm kidding! For now, at least." Bill chuckled, I scooted away from him. I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

Well, that was a lie. This whole summer has been uncomfortable so far.

"Cheer up, kid! I got you something~"

"Stop calling me that! Im not even a kid anymore.." I couldn't help but look away.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I guess you don't want this then?" I raised an eyebrow, looking back at Bill. He smirked and pulled out my journal.

My eyes widened and my body became stiff. "W-When did y-you get that..?" I nervously asked.

"A while ago." Bill nonchalantly responded.

I dissolved into laughter, terrified. "Y-you didn't r-read it did you?"

"Maybe, maybe not~" Bill looked at me and smirked.

Oh yeah.
He knew what I'd written down in there.

(A/N: Holy crap its been so long since I updated this book heccing-
Anyways! Sorry I've been absent for so long but I'm back now! -Depy)