Chapter 6

** DAMON POV **

6 hours later in Manhattan, New York...

We spent what felt like forever, mindlessly looking through the files Angelo found, only to reject most of them.

"Hooker." I said annoyed as he threw the file to the floor.

"15? Too young." Angelo chimed in as he threw his file.

"68? Too old." I scoffed as he tossed the file in my hand.

"Jesus Christ this woman is hideous." Gio cringed as his file joined the pile on the floor.

"This one has 'fuck you' tattooed on her cheek." Angelo stated as he raised his eyebrows and tossed his file.

"Purple hair and blue eyebrows. Fancy." Angelo said with a bored tone as he discarded his file.

"This isn't even a woman?" Gio said with a confused tone. Angelo looked over to the file is his hands and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well he was born a woman." Angelo shrugged as Gio tossed the file over his shoulder.

"Mother of... 15? Really?" I hissed as I threw the file.

"Angelo what kind of shit is this?!" I growled as I stood up angrily.

"These are all the files of females with a criminal record. You asked me to find a Fatale, which is a deadly woman. This is exactly what you asked me to find!" Angelo said in frustration as he threw his hands up.

"This," I said while picking up the box, which contained only a handful of files, and shoved it in Gios face. "This is what you call a Fatale? These are petty criminals and prostitutes. None of them will work!" I yelled as he threw the box on the floor, documents flying everywhere and adding to the mess we called a living room.

My hands found their way to my temples as I looked down, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I knew finding a good Fatale would be difficult, but this is just causing me a fucking migraine.

I opened my eyes and was about to give Angelo the ass whooping of a lifetime when I spotted a file at the bottom of the pile. Documents covered most of her grainy photo, allowing me to see only half of her face. The only thing I could see clearly was her ashy blonde hair. It reached her shoulders, and bangs covered her forehead. Even though the rest of her face was a blur due to the low quality street cameras, I could tell this woman was enticing.

I bent down, moving files quickly until hers was in my hands. I opened it out of curiosity.

JANE DOE
Last known location: Paris, France
Age: Unknown
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
DOB: Unknown

"Angelo, what's the deal with her?" I said as I stood up, turned around, and tossed the file onto the table. Angelo and Gio sat up from their seats and leaned forward, examining the blurry picture with confusion lacing their features.

Angelo quickly grabbed his tattered laptop from the side of the table, and started typing rapidly. The laptop itself was outdated, but the software was of his own design. His eyes read the information on the screen as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Looks like the French police department tried to apprehend this Miss Doe three months ago." Angelo said as his eyebrows furrowed even deeper as he continued to read.

"On what charge?" I asked curiously as I sat down and grabbed a cigarette and lighter from my pocket. I flicked the zippo, and brought the flame to the end of the cigarette as I took a deep breath.