•52•

Day 7. Q&A day. Hoseok would be lying if he said he were nervous about the whole thing. Being completely honest, there wasn't anything that kept him tied to the competition. Taehyung was healed. They could all go home now and honestly none of the three of them had any interest in marrying the king.

What was the point of being worried?

Of course, Hoseok still had to keep up his appearance. He still needed to seem professional because the one thing he was going to get out of this competition was probably going to be offers from entertainment companies and he couldn't just let his image fall.

So yeah, maybe he did secretly do some studying here and there, but he wasn't burning his brains out like the other candidates were.

"Why the hell are you three so calm?!" Jackson shouts at them and slamming his hands on the table. "What? Are you three secretly geniuses? Why are y'all just sitting there?!"

Jimin, Hoseok and Taehyung look up at him. The three of them were in the middle of a simple butt slapping competition. Currently, Taehyung was leaning against the wall with his butt out, preparing himself to get spanked by Jimin.

"You're being too dramatic, Jackson-ssi," Hoseok says, waving his hand in a very carefree manner. "We just don't care about the competition."

"You're lying," Jackson accuses, narrowed eyes flickering from one to the other. "You're probably just trying to make me let my guard down." He grabs his book and sits down. "It's not going to work."

Hoseok rolls his eyes. "Jackson—"

"It's not going to work!"

Hoseok lifts his hands up defensively and just slowly backs off. "Alright then, what ever works best for you."

They stick around for a bit longer but Hoseok ends up getting bored and decides to just walk around for a bit, not straying too far.

Curious, he peeks around the corner of the building when he hears voices, then freezes when he sees the last person he was hoping to run into on his walk.

General Min Yoongi.

Damn. 

Yoongi looks up at him in that moment, just as Hoseok is attempting to sneak away. Once their eyes lock Hoseok freezes in place. Yoongi turns and mutters something to the younger soldier he's speaking to before he starts making his way towards Hoseok.

Oh no. Hoseok's heart was not ready for this.

General Min stops in front of him. "Did you need something?"

Hoseok blinks. "Um, no?" Did he look like he needed something other than to vanish at this moment?

"Oh," is all Yoongi says. Hoseok cocks his head. He sounds...disappointed. "You look like you had something to say to me." He shrugs and turns to walk away.

For some reason that annoys Hoseok. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Should the general have something to say to him? The nerve to just walk off like that.

"You owe me two!" he blurts out before he can even process what the hell he's talking about. 

Damn it. Abort, abort, abort—

Too late. The general stops in his tracks and turns to look at him with a raised brow. "What?" he asks.

Well, might as well go all in right now. Although if Hoseok's assumptions were wrong then this was going to be super embarrassing. "You owe me," he repeats, standing taller. "Two, to be exact."

Yoongi is coming closer, stopping a few inches away from him with his arms crossed. "Explain."

"I had to carry your drunk ass to your room the other day," Hoseok starts, almost in a state of panic from the shorter man's gaze. "Also yesterday at the funeral you basically told me to shut up and I wasn't even the one causing the issue."