Chapter 4

Chap. 4

“HI Amanda!” Kate yelled when I walked into the room.

“Hey Kate! Are you having fun with my brother?”

“Yep, we are playing with my dolls.”

“Well I’m going to go get Xavier so that you can meet him Amanda.” Will said. Liam then turned to me and said “I’m going to go when Will comes back so you can do your job.”

“Okay”

A few seconds later Will came back with the cutest little boy ever! He has dark hair like his dad and bright blue eyes that are totally gorgeous. He is going to be breaking hearts all over the place when he gets older. “Hi you must be Xavier I’m Amanda I’m your new nanny.” All he did was look at me and give me a slight nod.

“Well I’m going to go now. Call me soon.”

“You don’t have to go you can stay for dinner if you want.” Will said.

“Yeah sure that would be great.” Yay more time with my brother, I’m joking I love him, but actually he needs to leave. I turned to Xavier and asked him “Do you have any toys you like to play with?” All he did was nod. “Can we go to your room and see them?” He took my hand and led me to his room.

******************************************************************************

  Will’s POV

Wow I have never seen Xavier take to someone so quickly. I’m so glad that I went against what Emma said and hired her. I think that she will really bring Xavier out of his shell and help him move on from his mother’s death. I wonder if Emma has anything to do with him not talking. It kills me that he won’t talk to anyone, even me. I want to break up with her but her brother is my best friend and has been the closest thing I have ever had to a brother, hell the whole family is practically my second family. I do not want to ruin that by breaking the engagement. It’s not like I do not care about Emma I do, I really do, but I’m just not completely sure she is the one for me. Maybe all of this is just pre-wedding nerves.

******************************************************************************

Amanda’s POV

 I think that I’m really going to love working here! These kids are really cute and cannot believe that anyone, Emma, could be mean to them. When Xavier took me to his room he showed me a picture of his mom. It’s the first one I have seen in the whole house.

“So how old are you?” I ask in an attempt to get him to talk instead he just holds up seven fingers. “Wow, pretty soon you will be driving and going to college right?” all he does is smile and look down. “Are you in second grade?” all I get is a nod. I will get him to talk again. I refuse to leave until he does. “What’s your favorite thing to do in school?” I hope with this question he will actually answer me. Instead he points to his book shelf. “So you like to read” he smiles and nods “which one is your favorite?” he went to the shelf and picked out a Wayside School book. “I used to love Wayside School books too!” he smiled up at me. “After school one day do you want to go to the library and pick out some books?” his face lit up when I asked this and nodded vigorously.

There was a knock on the door and I turned and saw that it was Will.

“Hey so dinner is ready” he said.

“Great we will just put these books away and head down.”

“I can wait for you two”

“Okay” Xavier put the book away and we headed down to the dining room.

“We usually have dinner around six thirty if I didn’t tell you earlier. Oh, and Emma sometimes stays for dinner but not usually.”  

“I will keep that in mind.” The rest of the way to the dining room was silent but not awkward.

When we got down there Xavier tugged on my hand towards a chair and he sat next to me. Liam and Kate was already down there and so far no Emma. I looked at Kate and asked her “Did you have fun with Liam?”

“Yes but he wouldn’t dress up” she said with a slight frown.

“Well when we play tomorrow I’ll dress up if you want.” Her face lit up when I said this.

I can tell that I am going to love working here. When the food came out it looked absolutely amazing. I love Spaghetti and meatballs.

“Well dig in” Will said. I helped put some on Xavier’s plate.

“Do you need me to cut it up for you?” he looked up and nodded at me.

Dinner would have been pretty quiet if it wasn’t for Kate talking. She seemed to have everything planed for us this week. Liam and Will talked about sports. They talked about going to see a game together. That wouldn’t be weird my brother and my boss hanging out. Note the sarcasm. It would be horrible if Liam said something to Will that upset him and ended up getting me fired. I would kill Liam if that ever happened.

Around eight Liam finally left. Now I can do my job. Kate fell asleep a few minutes before that so I changed her into pajamas. Will insisted that he put Xavier to bed so I didn’t have to do that. Before I went to bed I finished setting up my room and that was that. I cannot wait to have the whole day with the kids tomorrow or at least Kate since Xavier will be at school.       

~ Sorry for not updating for so long. Please vote if you liked this.