- Chapter Thirty One -

Alina watched the people all around her. Damien's pack members ran for their lives while a few brave souls fought for their territory. But it was all in vain. Her rogue friends were stronger and they were very much pleased to raid this pack. This was the very pack who sought them in order to hold them captives.

It wasn't easy for Alina when she first encountered them a few weeks ago. She had to relive the memories of her childhood. The place where she roamed alone and afraid. It was the place she had first met Isaiah. Returning to that place had brought her to tears. But it was also perfect for motivational usage. Alina was determined to get her revenge.

And revenge is what she's getting at this very moment. After having used up a great amount of her strength in returning the souls to the rogues, she had to wait and recover. In that time, her new followers were willing to help her in her quest. Thus the reason why Yager shoved Damien to her feet.

She looked down, pleased that her people were doing a great job. She was curious, at first, as to why they don't shift to regular wolves. But no one knew the rightful answer when she had asked. She theorized that it was due to them being strong willed people. That they had fought against their rabid selves, eventually succumbing into strong beasts.

Everyone was so accustomed to this, half human and half wolf, type of change that it didn't seem weird to them. Alina accepted that reasoning without a care. It simply proved that she wasn't the only oddity in the werewolf community.

Although, Alina noticed something different in Damien. His eyes seemed to be in constant battle between dark chocolate and black. Something she'd see in rogues. She shook her head, he couldn't be falling into despair and succumbing to his animal side. She couldn't, wouldn't, believe it.

Alina looked away and stared at Bryce. "Where's the beta?"

Damien was someone Alina could easily face. Her anger helped with that. But she didn't know how to feel about seeing Kaeden. He was the man to have Isaiah killed. He gave the order.

But he was also the little boy who had helped in her escape. Although Bryce mentions differently. He claimed that Kaeden was the one who helped in their earlier escape as well. That he had purposely smashed the door, preventing it from getting locked. A risk he had willingly taken.

Bryce shrugged. "No sign anywhere. You'd think he'd help his fellow pack members."

Alina looked back at Damien, scrutinizing him. She was sure he knew something at least. "Where's your brother, the beta?"

Damien snorted. "That traitor belongs where he's sitting. In a cell, rotting."

Alina reeled back in shock. She was surprised that he would willingly lock his own brother in a cell. She wondered what he did to have been put there.

"Why?" She asked.

"To help you. You've turned my brother into a traitor!" He snarled angrily. The more she kept pestering about his brother, the more upset he became.

Alina glanced at Bryce, who happened to give Alina a pointed look. He was sending her a message of 'I told you so'.

Alina rolled her eyes and told him to get Kaeden from the cells.

As he left, Alina whistled twice, a sign for all her rogues to gather around, bringing with them pack members in chains.

The day has come where they will witness the demise of their alpha. An alpha who treated everyone and everything like scum. A leader who seemed more like a wannabe dictator.

Alina looked at every member of Damien's pack, some held fear while others wore angry expressions.

Soon it'll all change.

Alina took a deep breathe and began her speech. "I hope everyone is here and listening to what I have to say."

She was cut off by someone snarling and yelling out, "Rogue, get off our lands. You're all nothing but traitorous punks who deserve to rot!"

Alina's eyes flashed in anger as she searched the crowd for the man who spoke out of turn. She couldn't pin point where he said it from but she knew how to shut everyone up. They will all see who the traitor really is.

Alina pointed to Damien."This man. This man here who you've all followed with great loyalty has kept a secret far worse than me openly raiding your pack... He would have destroyed all of you if I hadn't come in time. He, right beneath your noses, was struggling against his own demons of becoming rogue."

Everyone gasped out loud in synchronization. Each pair of eyes settled on Damien as he growled menacingly at Alina. She's revealed his secret. Something that he didn't even want to admit to himself yet.

"You see," she continued. "I may be a rogue. But I have not succumbed to my darkness. I was gifted by the moon goddess a gift to save those who have fallen into the despair of their own minds. Your alpha here has turned weak and is therefore unreliable as an  alpha."

"Why dont you save him?" Asked someone in the distance.

Alina froze as she recognized the voice. She slowly looked towards her left and saw Kaeden limping with Bryce helping him out. Alina noticed the bruises and cuts that adorned every exposed skin. She felt bad he had to suffer. But it had been his decision and it costed her a father.

Bryce let go of Kaeden once they were near Alina. He flopped to a kneeling position in front of her. He didn't look either surprised or angry at their invasion of his pack. He simply looked tired and ready to give up.

_____________________________

A/N       Posted: 3/18/19

Reunited and it feels so bad! 🎶

So this story is soon coming to an end. Only a few chapters left. Boo! I know.

Please Comment & Vote! 😊