vi. DEMO-DOGS

AS STEVE got out of the bus, Icarus hands the lighter to Dustin before sitting at the window, looking out and watching Steve. "What's he doing?" Max asked as she came down the ladder. "Expanding the menu." Dustin says as Max stands on the other side of her. "Come on, buddy.. Come on. Come on. Dinner time. Human tastes better than cat, I promise." Steve said, standing by the pile of meat on the ground as Icarus sighs.

"He's an idiot." He whispers. "He's insane." Max said next. "He's awesome." Dustin said with a smile as they continue to watch the eighteen year old who then swings his bat back and forth. He slowly stops when Dart was now more clearer to see, more closer. "Steve! Watch out!" Lucas shouted and that's when Icarus looked around, his eyes wide.

"Little busy here!"

"Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" When Icarus saw the other creature that looked like Dart, Icarus rushed to his backpack, grabbing the bat on top of it. "I'm going out there, don't forget to be ready." He says to Dustin before running to the door, he quickly opens it then he is running over to Steve.

The two stood, back to back as Icarus watched the other creature on top of one of the cars. "Steve! Icarus! Abort! Abort!" Dustin yells as he stood at the bus door. Steve looks at the boy, then turns back to Dart who starts running towards him and Icarus. Steve grabs Icarus' waist, pulling him as he jumps towards the car, they both land on the hood then land on the other side of it, Icarus quickly gets up and swings his bad, hitting the other monster before helping Steve up. "Come on!" He says before they both run back to the bus.

Dustin closed the bus doors as Steve and Icarus keep the door open by pushing it closed with their legs. "Are they rabid or something?" Max asked as Steve grabs a scrap metal which he puts against the door. "They can't get in! They can't!" Lucas shouted as Steve keeps pushing the doors closed. The bus starts to move so Icarus grabs Steve's hand as they all started to scream. Icarus stood up right away one of the monsters start to get in, so Steve pushed Icarus away as he raised his bat, hitting it over and over again with it. Icarus rushed the kids to the back of the bus, where they'd be safe.

"Is anyone there? Mike? Will? God! Anyone!" Dustin said, into his headset. The creatures start to hit the side of the bus so Icarus pulls Lucas up, pulling him away from that side. "We're at the old junkyard, and we are going to die!" Dustin said as Lucas rushed to stand on the other side of the bus. Max notices the dents being made on top of the bus, then one of those monsters appear at the open emergency exit above her. She starts screaming loudly as Steve rushed over, pushing her and Icarus behind him. "Out of the way! Out of the way!" He shouts.

"You want some? Come get this!" Steve yelled at the monster as Icarus kept Lucas and Max behind him. The monster's face opened up and it roars loudly at Steve before it suddenly stopped. It growls loudly before it left, Icarus looks at Steve who turns to him right away. "Are you okay?" He whispers and Icarus nods at him right away.

Icarus heads for the bus door, opening it, holding his own bat up. "What happened?" Lucas asked as both Steve and Icarus stepped out, both holding up their bats. "I don't know." Max said. "Steve scared them off?" Dustin says and Icarus snorts. "Yeah, right. No offense, Stevie." He says the last part right away. "Yeah, Rus is right. No way. They're going somewhere." He says, turning to the younger teens still standing inside the bus.

The three younger teens walk with Steve ahead of them and Icarus behind them, for safety reasons. "You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked as Icarus looked all around. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin said and Icarus snickers. "He was tiny two days ago." Max said to him. "Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin says. "Malted?" Steve asked.