Chapter Six: Stories

EnderOni, Loop One

Chapter six:

Stories

-...-

Tyler sat at the table, reading the book that Seto had given him. None of it made sense, and Tyler felt the need to look up every once in a while to make sure nobody was reading over his shoulder. The room was quiet. It held thirteen people.Twelve alive, one dead.

Ant rested in peace in the bed farthest from the tables, the bed against the farthest wall. He laid above the sheets. His bleeding stopped awhile ago. He was not admitting a smell yet. Bashur had a hard time keeping in his stomach ever since Ant had died, and he wasn't the only one. Bashur kept himself in the bathroom just in case, but every once in a while Ian or Jerome would walk in there.

Nobody was eating at the moment. Sub had found some paper to doodle on, and Sky and Ty watched him for they had nothing else to do. Seto talked quietly with Brice, whom sat in a bed, not allowed out. Mitch was sitting down on the floor, his back to the wall, staring into space. Bodil and Jason were sitting down on the other side of the table from Tyler. They did nothing at all either.

Tyler only read a few more pages of letters in the book. They all were written by him, they were all to him, and they were all signed by loops. The part with the loops was never explained, however Tyler found out a few more interesting things. At the end of the 5th page was a bunch of spells written down. At least, that was what Tyler thought they were. Tyler shifted in his chair. Should he go ask Seto? Tyler didn't want to show anyone the book, but Seto had already seen some of it. Besides, he'd never find out if he didn't ask.

Tyler got up from the table, his movement making a few turn to look at him. He walked down to Seto, passing Mitch, Bodil, and Jason on the way. Whispering, he folded the book and handed it to Seto, pointing at the mess of words.

"Those are spells, right?" Tyler asked.

Seto read the mess of words and nodded his head.

"Y-yeah. They are." He answered.

"Well, what do they do? Why are they there?" Tyler asked.

Seto scanned over the paragraphs written above it. None of it explained the spells. Seto shook his head.

"I don't know why they are there, but these spells are attack spells. They arn't that powerful, and they are starter spells for trainees. You wouldn't need to know much to cast them." Seto explained. "I wouldn't bother with them."

"Oh." Tyler took back the book and looked over the lines. "If they're useless, then why are they there?"

Seto shook his head. "I'm the only one here who knows how to use magic, unless someone's keeping secrets, so i don't honestly know. Though i suppose that was just a mental note to yourself said aloud."

"Yeah." Tyler sighed, looking tired.

"So they wouldn't do any good against the monster, right?" Brice interrupted.

Seto and Tyler looked to Brice, the poor thing not even looking at them straight. His bandages were a light red. They needed to be changed.

"No, they would not." Seto answered.

"Also, I meant to ask earlier. I heard someone call the monster a name. Does the monster have a name?" Brice asked.

Tyler nodded his head. "It's called the EnderOni."

"EnderOni?" Brice asked.

Tyler shifted. "I...Uh, well Bodil said the name in the first place. I can go get him to tell you. He told us last night, but i really don't remember. Wasn't paying attention."