Epilogue. Part Three. Alex

"Has he done feeding?" Michael whispered to me softly as I drowsily glanced up at him through half shut eyes.  I looked down at the light olive skinned baby snoozing against my bare chest, still pursing his tiny lips despite having fallen from my tender nipple, contentedly.  I lightly ran my finger over his black hair, curling lightly over his temple and smiled.

"Yeah," I replied, gently and let him scoop our son from my arms and place him over his shoulders in order to burp him. 

"Go get dressed," he murmured, his dilated eyes scanning over my exposed body.  There was no way I was letting him near my already abused chest, so I jumped up and fastened my pyjama top.  He chuckled and I hushed him as I peeked over at our soundly sleeping daughters, curled up in their respective cots.  They slept as contentedly as their father, I mused, while little Tobias was far more clingy during the night.

Speaking of Eric, he yawned as he peered into the nursery.  "We should get ready," he said, gravelly as he scratched at his thigh.  "Didn't we plan to leave before the sun rose."

"Yes," Michael sighed. 

For a little while, our front drive always seemed to attract journalists.  And now that his father's court case was ending, we figured it would happen again.  Also, as much as we tried to suppress it, someone had leaked the fact that I, Michael's mate, had been kidnapped by the pack and journalists trying to catch the scoop had literally blockaded me in for three days straight until Pack Law shooed them away (Thanks Kaitlyn).  Thankfully, they had not found out about the babies otherwise there was a chance I would be hounded more.  I already had to change my mobile phone number and unplug the phone... although that was not just the fault of journalists.

Marcus had been infuriated, threatening Gabriel's pack with sanctions... despite the fact that the two packs had currently no alliances at all anyway as well as trying to convince me to return permanently to the pack.  I swear, despite having Jenny and knowing the impossibility of me leaving my mates, he gets tunnel vision when it comes to my safety at times.  And then Michael and Eric had received death threats... from my mum. 

After calming her down, we let her know we would be bringing the triplets down to see her soon.  This changed her mood completely.  She was both longing to see her grandchildren and examining the offspring of a male carrier.  I spoke with my dad, who promised to keep her from taking blood and tissue samples.

I lifted Charlotte from her crib, the older of the twin girls, she protested loudly, but quickly nestled her head into my neck as I placed her against my chest and shoulder.  Eric picked up our serious and quiet Rose, who just stared at him with her pretty baby blue eyes.  All three were born with blue eyes and we would have to see if they changed colour later on.  They were only six weeks now, so we wouldn't know for a while.  Eric believed that they would have hazel eyes, like mine, but I'm not sure why he is so certain.

Each baby was placed in their car seat, with buggies and luggage stowed into the minivan that my men had bought me for my birthday four months ago.  To be honest, it was the family's main transportation now and I hadn't driven it yet, but it was the thought that counted.  Michael drove with the fully stuffed nappy bag in the front, while I sat with Tobias, who was already fussing and Rose, who was, so far, the best behaved of the three.  She fell asleep again before we had driven ten minutes down the road.  Eric was in the back with Charlotte, who cried pitifully, until we pulled over in order to feed her. 

I gave her breastmilk, while Michael gave Tobias formula, hoping it would settle him and just as both babies had been burped and began to drowsily fall back to sleep, Rose decided to start crying.  She needed her nappy changed and then wanted to be fed again.  After all three were settled, we hit the road once more, this time not needing to stop.