exhausted

Zak didn't know how he had managed to pull himself through all that,but he had. And he couldn't have been happier to finally finish recording and editing all that footage. He could already feel himself falling asleep since he was halfway through but he didn't let it happen. He felt absolutely exhausted, like his limbs had fallen off. Sitting in that position all the time and barely moving.

He shut his laptop spinning around on his chair and attempting to get up. Gosh he was such a mess that, even when he stood up he was about to fall again. He honestly felt like a toddler learning how to walk for the first time when he walked throughout the house,right into the kitchen. He opened the cupboard and closed it as he grabbed a cup, opening the tap, the water filling up the cup. He closed the tap and took a huge sip of the water.

He sat down on the counter his eyes moved around the room numbly. He was beginning to zone out, his eyes closing at one point but quickly opening a second or two later. His senses were so messed up he couldn't even hear Halo walk into the kitchen, he only noticed when he was standing in front of him, his hand on Zak's shoulder and the other taking the cup from his hand.

"Zak, what's wrong?" He asked his hand lingering on his shoulder, staring into his eyes. Zak's eyes had bags under them and he looked like he hadn't slept for a week. "Were you up all night?" Halo's green eyes filled with worry and his heart sank when Zak nodded his head. "Oh gosh, why'd you do that?" Halo wrapped his arms around him pulling him into a hug. Zak's hands shakily moved to hug him back, his eyes closing and his hands lingering on the other's back.

"I wanted to finish all of the stuff I promised I'd do." Zak's voice was shaky and gravelly. Halo pulled himself out of the hug and grabbed both of his hands, pulling him off the counter to stand. "Come on let's get you to bed, so you can rest." Halo's soft voice made him wake up from his trance, and follow after him, their hands still linked.

Before he could blink they were walking up the stairs and he was sat down on the soft bed. Immediately he laid down, his head hitting the comfortable pillow and him himself curling up into a ball. Halo smiled a bit, grabbing the blanket and laying it over Zak's almost unconscious body. He crouched down beside the bed, kissing him on the forehead before getting up and being ready to leave. But when he took a step Zak let out a soft groan. He turned to look at the other his eyebrow raising. He stepped back over to the bed.

"What is it?" He asked sweetly, sitting down on the ledge of the mattress. Zak's eyes opened and looked up at him, he pushed himself up and moved forward, towards Halo his legs quickly wrapping around his waist, and his arms around his chest. He tensed up a bit, but slowly eased into the other's touch and moved his arm around him.

"Can you stay? Please?" Zak drowsily asked, his grip tightening. Halo beamed, "Of course I can." He said and felt Zak removing his arms, legs, and laid his head down on the pillow and making room, allowing Halo to lay down beside him.

"I'll stay as long as you need me to stay" He caressed Zak's face softly, making him smile and close his eyes.