#24. Carter's Sister (Part Two) » Steve

The newly Super Soldier Serumed Steve sat with Bucky after having assembled a team of soldiers to go after Red Skull again. Steve looked over his shoulder to see Kerry sitting alone, sipping on a bottle of beer.

"Hey," Bucky said, nudging his friend. "Go ask her to dance."

"What? No. You know I can't dance," Steve replied.

"No, you won't dance. There's a difference," Bucky said. "Listen, you always say you're waiting for the right partner. What if she's the right partner?"

Steve looked at Kerry again. "What if she's not?"

"You'll never know till you try."

Bucky attempted to push his much bigger friend towards Kerry. Steve stumbled a little bit before approaching Kerry. She smiled up at him as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Do you-um-do you wanna dance?" he asked.

Kerry put down her beer and replied, "Of course."

Steve smiled and pulled Kerry to the floor. They swayed together, trying to get on the beat of the song. Kerry giggled at Steve's awkwardness. He had never danced with a girl before and he really didn't want to make a fool of himself.

"Stop looking at your feet!" Kerry giggled. "Just trust yourself to do the right thing."

Steve lifted his head to look into Kerry's eyes. Kerry felt weak in the knees as she got lost in Steve's beautiful blue eyes.

"Be safe tomorrow," she found herself saying. "You and the rest of the soldiers. This will be a dangerous mission."

"I'll be fine, Kerry," Steve replied. "I promise."

"When you return, I wanna go dancing. At that club where we met. Just me and you."

Steve nodded. "Sounds like a plan to me."

Kerry nodded in response. She put her head on Steve's shoulder as the two finally swayed without awkwardness. It finally felt right.

Kerry noticed her sister standing with Bucky. Peggy smiled at Kerry and gave her a thumbs up. Kerry buried her head in Steve's shoulder, feeling her cheeks heat up. She knew she was blushing.

At that same moment, Steve had turned the two so that he was now looking at Bucky. Bucky raised his glass at Steve and winked. Steve couldn't help but chuckle.

Kerry pulled away to look up at Steve.

"I think I've found the right dance partner," she stated.

"I think I have, too," Steve agreed.