10; The Mission

Holy WOW! 1.6k reads?! Thank you guys so much!! ❤️❤️

It was 12:45PM the next day and I was sitting on the floor in a group of classmates. We were working on math problems in groups, and everyone wanted to be in a group with me, not so much because I was Iron Man's daughter - though I'm sure that played a role - but because I was really good at math. My group consisted of Lily, a boy named Jonathan, a girl named Katelyn, and another boy named Aidan.

"Three times seven." Aidan said, holding the marker over our little whiteboard, he peered up at me.

"Twenty-one." I said almost immediately. He scribbled down the number.

We were about to yell out that we had the answer, when there was a big bang from outside the windows. Everyone's attention shot toward them.

"What was that?" I asked the teacher, remembering Dad's mission.

"I... don't know." She said, walking over to the windows to check. "Um, kids, let's just go out—" she was cut off when another bang sounded, this time closer to the school. "Come, follow me." She said. We didn't hesitate.

She opened the classroom door and we all piled into the hall. The other classes began doing the same, the teachers were speaking to one another, all wondering the same thing; what the hell was going on?

I felt a little bit special, knowing that it was probably Dad and that I had some information that no one else knew. But I was also worried about him. I clung tightly to Lily's hand and she did the same to mine, her grip was tighter than mine though, which told me she was scared.

"Don't worry," I said in her ear over everyone else's voices. "I think it's just my Dad, he has a mission today. He'll handle it."

Lily seemed to become less tense when I said this. Which didn't last long, as the double doors at the back of the school were then blown off, along with some of the wall surrounding them. Lots of students screamed, and I think some teachers did as well. We all looked away to avoid getting dust in our eyes, then I looked back to see who it was. I could see a bunch of destruction outside in the street, and some buildings in bad shape as well. After a moment, Dad appeared in his suit. He flew forward, landing on his feet, the rest of the Avengers appeared behind him. A man with long dark hair approached them.

We all got low to the ground and huddled together to protect ourselves. I could hear the clang of metal hitting metal and explosions outside, and it took everything in me to keep myself from running outside. I looked up above everyone and saw the man, Loki, standing above my father, who was lying on the ground, with a cane sort thing pressing against his chest.

"He's killing him!" I yelled, standing up.

"Victoria! Sit down!" Miss Roberts yelled at me. I ignored her and ran into our classroom again, searching for my backpack.

When I entered the room, the wall was blown off and I fell back, holding my arms over my face. I coughed as the dust hit my face. I crawled to my desk and unzipped my bag quickly, digging inside and pulling out a small pink and white metal box. It was my suit. I wasn't supposed to have it, but when Tony went to bed last night, I knew he had finished making it, so I snuck downstairs and put it in my backpack just in case. He was going to kill me when he found out, but I knew I had to save him. Or at least try.

I placed the box on the ground and my right food on top of it. Immediately, it opened up and began crawling up my leg, and then my entire body. Finally, the helmet surrounded my head and face, and the screen appeared in front of my eyes.

"Woah," I whispered to myself. I hadn't tried it on until now, but it was incredible.

I ran through the hole in the wall and looked to my right, to the street, where I could see my Dad trying to fight back the monster above him. My blood was boiling as I plunged forward and faced my palms down, blasting upward. I flew above the madness and faced my hand toward the man's cane, focussing on it until it flew out of his hand. I levitated it in the air and everyone looked up, finally noticing me. I couldn't see Dad's face behind his mask, but I could imagine him with wide eyes when he realized it was me.

Loki looked at me with anger, then laughed evilly

Loki looked at me with anger, then laughed evilly. "Who do we have here?" He said, looking down at Dad. "A little sidekick?"

"Touch her and you're dead

"Touch her and you're dead." Dad threatened, standing up and facing his palm at the man, it glowed.

Tony connected his radio to mine. "Why the hell do you have that suit?"

"I took it in case you needed help." I explained. "And its a good thing I did!"

Tony sighed. Bruce, as Hulk, began running toward Loki and grabbed him, picking him up with one hand.

"You will never win, I am a God!" Loki exclaimed.

Hulk threw him back and forth into the concrete, smashing his body down.

"Puny God." He growled, staring at the man in the ground. Loki made a whining sound as he stared into the sky above him.

I could hear Tony laughing quietly to himself through my radio and smiled.

Loki was transported to the Avengers establishment where he will be held so that he can't cause anymore damage. Dad and I flew back to the ground where we retracted our masks.

"You're in big trouble." He said, pointing a finger at me.

"Why?!" I exclaimed. "I helped you!"

"You could have gotten seriously hurt! Or died!"

"So could you!"

"I'm allowed to get hurt, I'm an adult."

"You're not allowed to die though."

Tony closed his mouth and sighed, looking down and then back at me.

"Because I need you." I said.

"I need you too. That's why I didn't want you to be involved in this."

"I'm your daughter," I grinned. "I can do anything."

Tony smiled a little and walked over to me, kneeling down and wrapping his arms around me. I put my arms around his neck and breathed in the scent of his hair.