Ark 1- mission start

When Shu Ning arrived in the living room he saw a comfortable decorated room with a huge couch in the middle. In front of the couch there was a transparent coffee table with documents spread out on top. On the wall he could see a huge TV that almost covered the whole length of the wall. In Shu Nings eyes the whole room looked way to big for a living room and especially the big TV blinded his eyes.

Shu Ning curiously looked around the place he arrived at until his view fell onto the people currently occupying the couch in the center. Sheng Xi looked at Shu Ning with a frown plastered on her face. Her eyes followed his every move like a hunter waiting for the right moment to strike.

"Son. So You finally came down. Sit down, there are some things I'd like to say."

Shu Ning looked in the direction the voice came from and met eyes with a brightly smiling face. The person had short black hair and handsome manly features that made him look younger than he actually was. Shu Ning identified him as Sheng Rui and followed his gesturing hand to a space on the couch between Sheng Rui and Sheng Xi. Shu Ning could practically feel the daggers sprouting out of Sheng Xis exes.

Shu Ning hung down his head and shyly fidgeded with the hem of his T-Shirt as he quietly gazed at the documents on the table.

Meng Yi only arrived a few days prerior in this house so Shu Ning didn't know much about the Sheng family so he tried making sense of the papers on the coffee table while maintaning his shy and obedient exterior.

Shu Ning: "Alpha. Do you have any helpful functions that I can make use of?"

System: "Of course. System has a lot of very useful talents. Just tell System what to do and it will be done ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)."

Shu Ning could see Alpha jump up and down inside of his System space as if it was waiting to be praised. Shu Ning felt helpless as he watched the so almighty system act like a little kid.

Shu Ning: "All right then Alpha. Scan the documents on the table and search for relevant information."

As Shu Ning could see it the documents were reports about the side branch of the Sheng family and information about a few people Shu Ning didn't know about. All information that could proof important for the development of his missions.

"Meng Yi. Did you get used to being in this family already?"

Sheng Rui smiled comforting to Shu Ning.

[scan completed. File is send to Host's system space]

"Hmm.... I got used to it at least a little bit."

Shu Ning smiled shyly and lifted his head a bit to look Sheng Rui in the eye. When their eyes met his cheeks turned a light shade of pink and he hurriedly lowered his head again.

"That's good to hear. I already included your name in the family register, so there shouldn't be a problem anymore. I also talked with the director of your new school. I will bring you there tomorrow for you first day in Zen Middle School."

Shu Ning hummed to indicate that he understood. Sheng Xi plastered a fake smile on her face and gave her approval to Sheng Rui.

"That's good. Then I don't have to worry that little Yi gets lost on his way to school."

Little Yi? That name coming out of that witches mouth gave Shu Ning goose bumps. His body shivered lightly in disgust.

"Yes I thought so too. I will leave for G-City right afterwards, so I won't be there for a while. Xi, please take good care of Meng Yi while I'm gone. He still needs some time to adapt, so teach him the fundamentals of the Sheng family a bit."