*15* Split Up *15*

Azog thrusts his arm outwards, and as I strain to look down I catch a glimpse my impending doom. I'm over the edge of the cliff. What a fitting end: Falling to my doom.

Azog says something else, but I don't hear it, the darkness clouding my vision becoming too much as I begin to pass out.

And then there is nothing. Nothing holding me over the edge of the cliff, that is. Only the rushing of the wind passing me by as I'm dropped, off the edge of the cliff. With air now in my lungs, I close my eyes.

This is it. I can feel it in my bones. This is how I die.

"You really are an idiot."

~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV (The Company A Few Moments Earlier)

Bilbo and the others (well, the ones that are awake) stare back at the rocky cliff where they were only moments ago in shock. Ambrosia (or should they call her Lash?) remains on the cliff, battling with her father. Her cracked, black blades battle with Azog's own blades furiously as they near the edge of the cliff.

"We have to go back!" Bilbo cries out, his eyes wide with fear. He knew Ambrosia would not be able to continue fighting her growing fatigue and Azog.

"We cannot, dear Bilbo. Ambrosia would swing her blades at the eagles we fly on just to keep us away from the battle," Gandalf calls back with a sorrowful voice. "We would never get close enough to her to save her. We'll just have to pray that she can find a way ou-"
With the company to bear witness, they see Ambrosia's shrinking form being held by her neck over the edge of the cliff. And then Azog drops her, and they lose sight of the cliff. 

"Ambrosia!" Bilbo gasps, tears welling up in his eyes as he grasps the eagle he's perched on's feathers tighter. Leaning down, Bilbo buries his face in the feathers, tears falling from his eyes. 

Ambrosia's POV 

The sound of wings flapping breaks me from my trance, and I feel myself roughly landing on something. I widen my eyes in surprise, looking down to see what caught me. 

Nightwing flies bellow me, her large black wings outstretched. 
I can't believe I forgot she can fly. 

Her wings are invisible on her unless they are in use, thanks to an enchantment Adar placed on her when we were younger. 

Glancing up at the cliff, I see Azog looking down at me with an enraged look. I pat Nightwing's back gently as I twist myself into a sitting position. 

Nightwing flies away from the cliff with me and the sleeping warg pups on her back. She begins to fly after the company, but I lightly tap her right hip, turning her away from the company. 
I can't return to them. It's a miracle they didn't try to kill me the moment that my true identity was revealed. But I know they will not welcome me back. Even though I swore myself to them. 

I lean forwards, over the pups, to Nightwing's ear and whisper, "Rivendell."

Nightwing glances back at me with a mournful look before continuing forwards and onto Rivendell. 
If the orcs are really aware of Avaline and Joshua's whereabouts, then I can't take any chances. I'm going to have to bring them to my home, where I know they cannot be taken from me.

Taking one last glance at where the company flew off to, I feel a single warm tear slide down my grey cheek. I turn back to Nightwing, kicking her sides lightly to urge her forwards.

With The Company (3rd Person POV)

The eagles drop the company onto a cliff silently, as if in mourning. The company is silent until Thorin's unconscious body is dropped onto the cliff beside them.