Chapter 5

Hope you like it!

"YOU!" They both said baffled. 

Roy cleared his throat. All of them turned their attention to him. "As I was saying, meet the Alaric's." He motioned to Skylar. "This is my son, Skylar Kennedy." He paused and looked at Miracle. "How do you know Skylar?"

"We met at the amusement park. He and his friend Parker went on a ride and the picture that they took was hilarious!" She laughed. 

Her dad put his hand on her shoulder. Miracle looked at it and smiled up at him. He stuck his hand out. "Call me Scott." Skylar took his hand and shook it. Scott smiled as Skylar's face had no emotion on it. 

Roy poked his ribs and he hissed. "Act normal for me," Roy glared. Skylar sighed. "Sorry about that. He's having a bad day," Roy assured Scott. 

Scott chuckled. "It happens to the best of us." He glanced at Miracle who was looking at a picture of Roy and Skylar on the wall.

"Why don't you show Miracle around?" Roy suggested to Skylar. "I have to finish talking to Scott about some things." 

Skylar nodded and they both got out of Roy's office. Skylar tilted his head a little to meet her eyes.  "What do you want to see?" He asked. 

She shrugged. "Maybe someplace to eat?" Her stomach growled. Skylar chuckled. They got into the elevator and Skylar pressed the button for the break room. They stood there in silence.

"Wouldn't it be cool if the elevator played Wii music?" Miracle asked. 

Skylar sighed as he massaged his temple. "Yes, Pa-" He stopped talking and coughed awkwardly. "Miracle."

"You wanted to call me Parker," she stated. The elevator door opened and she gasped. "So much FOOD!" She ran around as she grabbed a few slices of pizza, some nachos, a bag of M&M's and a sprite. 

Skylar grabbed a bag of chips and sat down in front of her. "Yeah," he replied, combing his fingers through his hair. "He said that once when we were in a hotel." 

Miracle looked up from her food. She swallowed it. "He said what?" She asked.

"About the Wii music in the elevator."

"Oh yeah." She popped an M&M in her mouth. "How is he? Does he know about your job?"

Skylar leaned back in his chair. "He's good. Still a pain in the ass, but good. And by the way, he blushed when I told him that you called him hot." 

Miracle nodded in approval. "Okay, okay. My plan's going smoothly," She whispered under her breath. 

Skylar heard every word that she said, but played dumb. "What?"

"What?" She asked back. 

Skylar shook his head. "Never mind. This is maybe a personal question, but where's your mother?" Miracle stopped chewing and looked down at her plate.

"Shiiiiiiiiit," Skylar thought. He took a handful of chips and stuffed it all into his mouth to shut himself up.

"She's living on Curacao with my sisters. They broke up when I was little and a few years ago I got to know who my real dad is. 'Cause she had a boyfriend and I thought that he was my real dad. So two years later after the whole dad thing, I decided to go and live with him. My mom was cool with it, but I still get texts from her that she misses me there," she explained. 

He swallowed the rest of the chips. "Ah. Okay." He fixed his gaze to the chips. "Do you know how they broke up?"

A 'tch' escaped from Miracle's lips. "I don't know what to believe. My dad said that my mom cheated on him and she went to the police and told them that he threatened to kill us. So he had to go to jail for 3 days and she took almost everything with her." She paused and took a sip of her drink. "And then my mom said that he cheated on her. To be honest, I believe both of them."