44

A LOW HISS escapes her lips as the alcohol sizzles in her wound

A LOW HISS escapes her lips as the alcohol sizzles in her wound. Gripping the bedsheets, she groans, her eyes squeezing shut. Hershel presses a cloth to the wound, his eyes raising towards Aria's scrunched up face. Chuckling lightly, Aria opens her eyes to glare down at him. "This isn't funny." She whines, her bottom lip poking out. She turns into a baby when she's in pain, that's just how she is.

Her eyes trail over towards an amused looking Daryl and she narrows her eyes up at him. "Go suck a dick." She growls and Hershel pours more alcohol into the wound, the female letting out a small yelp. Turning her head, she looks down at him, her eyebrows furrowed. "What was that for?" She asks through clenched teeth, the pain almost unbearable. Hershel chuckles, looking up at her. "Watch your mouth." Aria licks her lips, blowing out breath.

Once Hershel is done, he hobbles out of the cell, leaving Daryl and Aria alone. Standing to her feet, Aria grabs her jeans. She doesn't feel as uncomfortable as she used to be around him, they've surely gotten closer. Tugging her jeans on, she buttons them before grabbing her converse. She slips them onto her feet before raising her eyes to meet Daryl's. "You okay?" She asks, wrapping the gun holster around her leg and sliding the gun into it. She pulls the belt around her waist, buckling it up and setting her knives into the waist holster.

"Are you worried for the fight?" Aria purses her lips at his questions, walking forward. "A little. But we have an advantage." She tells him, a confused look appearing on his face. "This group is a family while Woodbury is a town. We would do anything for each other, I doubt they would." She explains, grabbing his hand and rubbing her thumb across his knuckles. She leans forward and pecks his lips before dropping his hand and walking around him, glancing back at Daryl. "I would die for y'all."

♚ ♛

"There has to be another way!" Aria argues, her eyes darting between the three men in front of her. They had just informed her that the Governor will call off the fight only if they give him Michonne and Aria is not on board, not one bit. She has seen Michonne as one of them this whole time and like she said—she'd die for this group, including Michonne.

"You know what that guy is going to do to her. It'd be sick if we just gave her up to him like she's some sort of trash." Aria's eyes dart around, meeting all of their guilty expressions. "I'll think of another way—just give me time." Spinning on her heel, she moves away from the men, a small groan escaping her lips.

♚ ♛

Aria sits on her bed, a pen in her hand. Scribbling out the words, she clenches her jaw before sighing, the frustration building up. Her hand raises and rubs her temple as she begins to write once more, a small plan forming.

A shadow in the doorway causes her to look away from the notebook and towards the entry. "Hi?" Aria says, confused as to why Merle Dixon is leaning on the cell door. "My lil' brother, he's hooked on you." Furrowing her eyebrows, Aria sets her notebook aside, setting her feet on the ground. "Uh—really?" She asks, not knowing how to respond to his statement. She's never really talked to Merle before, not even when he would catcall her.

"I could see why, I mean." Merle's eyes trail down her body, licking his lips. "I wouldn't do anything to hurt my brother but a man can look right?" Aria blows out a breath, her eyes rolling. Men like him disgust her, they remind her of the fuckboy back in high school and she hates it. "Look—if you don't have anything to tell me. Can you please leave?" She asks kindly, her blue eyes soft. Merle's her boyfriend's brother, she can't exactly be rude to him well, at least; not in her books.

"Don't hurt my baby brother. He's been through a lot." Aria softly smiles, standing to her feet. Behind the tough and rude exterior of Merle Dixon; there's someone who cares deeply for their family.

♚ ♛

authors note:

this is messy and rushed, i'm
so sorry about that!