s e v e n

Jιнοοи ωαѕ αϐουτ το step into the bathroom when someone took grasp of his bicep. Too hard to be considered as friendly. When Jihoon turned to look at the bastard, he realized too late that he mustn't have glared.

It was Momo. Soonyoung's girlfriend. Or maybe she's not anymore since he didn't see the two interact the whole day. At all.

Momo seemed to notice her death grip as she let go and hid her hands behind her. She stood there. Jihoon stood there. No words passed over the other. Just pure silence.

"Uh... did you need anything?" Jihoon finally spoke, not looking her in the eye.

"N-No! Nothing."

"Oh, okay." Jihoon was about to move to the bathroom when Momo called. "Are you Soonyoung's soulmate?"

Jihoon didn't speak. Kept his mouth shut and bit his inner cheeks. "Because he's been looking at you. I've noticed that..."

Jihoon turned to her, confusion written over his visage. "Why are you asking me this?" Momo was quiet for a moment, before she spoke, her voice so weak and he can notice the tears building in her eyes.

"Because I wanted to make sure that you're good enough to be my replacement." Replacement. Somehow, that irritated Jihoon. It annoyed him beyond will. She, the probably ex-girlfriend, was calling him, the soulmate, a replacement?

"I'm sorry, what?" Jihoon asked, scratching his head to show his irritation. "I'm a replacement?"

"I loved Soonyoung." I know. "And I know he loved me, too." Do I care? "But seems like destiny wasn't in our side..." did I ask?

"And I wanted to be certain that you're good enough to him... because you're the soulmate." She said the word with such malice, hating it. But Jihoon hated it more than she did.

"I am." Jihoon couldn't stop those words from coming out. He didn't mean to. But the way Momo glared at him made him angrier.

"You know? I know him better than you do. I was there when he needed me and you weren't. I'm the better one than you. So... why, of all people, you?" Jihoon clenched his hands and gritted his teeth. "Are you done?"

She did not talk. Jihoon turned to open the bathroom door when Momo, yet again, spoke up.

"We broke up because of you." Jihoon didn't bother her and entered, making a move to close the door but she slapped her hand over the door and stayed it open. "Our perfect relationship was ruined because of you!"

"I'm sorry, is it my fault? I didn't mean to look at your ex-boyfriend and realize that he's my fucking soulmate then destroy your beautiful life because you broke up. Guess what? It wasn't my plan to see colors because of him nor is it my plan for him to see colors because of me. So, why not suck it up, buttercup, and accept the goddamned truth already!" Jihoon slammed the door in front of her and inhaled deeply, stopping the urge to just scream.

He could hear someone sobbing behind the door and fast footsteps moving away from the bathroom. Jihoon didn't care if he made a girl cry. It was her own fault anyway. She was the first one who attacked.

Jihoon just sighed and went to wash his hands. It was a good thing no one was around. It was still class hours anyway.

★彡

Jιнοοи κиєω ιτ ωαѕ ℓατє. His wristwatch was showing nearly quarter to six and Jihoon packed up his things. His papers, his ball pen then stuffed them in his backpack, silently unplugging the piano he had been using to practice with his composition.

He zipped his bag close and slung it over his shoulder, ruffling his hair then arranging it back in place. He stretched his arms and flexed his back, hearing that familiar crack and sighing in satisfaction.

He patted imaginary dust out of his pants and finally went out of the music room, cracking his fingers. Then he rushed back inside the music room only to come out with a book in hand.

Wonder if Soonyoung is still here in this time... Jihoon shrugged and slipped it underneath his armpit, humming on his way out of the campus.

As he reached the lockers, though, someone was leaning on his locker, arms crossed over his chest and looking—wait, glaring—on the the floor.

It took Jihoon only a second to realize it was Soonyoung from the gray sling bag that he saw earlier back in the cafeteria. Jihoon approached the latter, taking the book in his hand.

"Hey," he called lowly, stuttering Soonyoung from his thoughts and meeting eyes with him, catching his breath on his throat.

Soonyoung looked ethereal. His hair was messy, somehow covering a part of his eyes. His lips were pink and ajar. Skin fair and lit by the late afternoon sun in a perfect way. His heart skipped a beat.

He hated it.

"Oh, hi." Soonyoung smiled lightly and stood up properly, standing tall to Jihoon. Jihoon nodded with a hum and was offering Soonyoung his book back.

Soonyoung took it and stared at it for a while. Jihoon raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... Soon—"

"I heard from Sana-ah that you made Momo cry." Jihoon's eyes widened. Remembering the events earlier, his mood dropped.

"What's this about now?"

"You should know that she has feelings, too, y'know? We may have broke up but that didn't mean you have the authority to just say those words." Jihoon huffed, glaring up at Soonyoung. "So it's my fault now?"

"Yes." Jihoon bit his tongue to prevent from saying any profanities, clenching his hands into fists. "She started it."

"But you made her cry."

"Just because I made her cry doesn't cover up the fact that it was her fault!"

"You're being harsh, Jihoon." Jihoon heaved a sigh and stood on one foot, not looking at the man in front of him.

"So? What do you want me to do? Say sorry?" he said the word accusingly, looking at Soonyoung in disbelief. Soonyoung nodded. "Yes."

"But... wasn't I your... soulmate?" the word made Soonyoung suck in a breath and stare back at Jihoon, looking from up his eyes and below where Jihoon could guess is his lips. But Soonyoung pursed his lips, not speaking a word and even looked away.

Jihoon gritted his teeth and spat. "Where's my book?"

Soonyoung hurriedly opened his bag and pulled out an identical book as Soonyoung's and gave it to Jihoon.

Jihoon snatched it away harshly and moved away from Soonyoung, pushing Soonyoung out of his way and putting in his code in his locker. He tossed the book inside and slammed his locker close, making a move to walk away when Soonyoung grabbed his forearm, gentler than Momo's earlier.

"Ji—"

"Don't." Jihoon pulled his arm away, glaring daggers up his soulmate. "Don't even call me that, you bastard."

Soonyoung frowned and watched Jihoon turn his back on him and walk away.

"Jiho—"

"Fuck off, asshole."

And before Soonyoung knew it, he was all alone by the hallway, just like what Jihoon did earlier.

★彡

sorry about Momo. i just needed to make a slight angst. i'm using momo as a story plot, i'm so mean. 😭

is it bad to say that i actually liked writing this chapter?

btw, imagine their school uniform as the ones in the mansae mv.