Chapter 46

The next morning, Jennie woke up early and went downstairs to make Jisoo some ginger tea.

When she was done, she carried it up towards the older girl's room. She slowly opened the door, careful not to make a noise that would wake the her wife up.

However to her surprise, Jisoo was no where to be found. Jennie glances bewilderedly around the room before deciding to head back downstairs.

Setting down the cup of Ginger tea, Jennie reaches for her phone and dialed Jisoo's number.

The older girl had picked up after a few rings.

Jisoo: Hello?

Jennie: Jisoo. You didn't tell me that you were leaving early today.

Jisoo: I was in a rush.

Jennie stayed silent for bit, sensing a lie in her wife's words.

Jennie: You never had to leave early before. Why didn't you tell me?

Jisoo releases a tired sigh from the other line.

Jisoo: I don't have to tell you everything about my life Jennie.

Jennie was startled and had been taken back by Jisoo's words.

Jennie: I was worried Jisoo. You should've told me.

Jisoo: Fine. From now on I'll tell you everything. Happy?

Jennie: Jisoo, are you okay? Why are you acting like this?

Jisoo: Is that it? I have a lot of work Jennie. I'll call you later.

And with that Jisoo and hung up the phone, leaving Jennie more confused than ever. Shaking her head, she decided to call Chaeyoung, thinking that the latter would have a clue as to why Jisoo was behaving so weirdly.

Chaeyoung: Jennie unnie?

Jennie: Oh I'm sorry. Did I wake you up Chaeng-ah?

Chaeyoung: It's alright unnie. I was about to wake up in a bit anyways.

Jennie: Oh ok.

Chaeyoung: Why did you call me?

Jennie: I was just wondering about Jisoo. Did she... did she talk to you about anything that was bothering her?

Chaeyoung: No. Is something wrong?

Jennie: It's not anything really. I might just be overreacting over nothing.

Chaeyoung: Tell me what's wrong unnie.

Jennie heaves out a sigh as she aimlessly stirred the ginger tea.

Jennie: It's just... Jisoo has been acting really weird. Like yesterday, she came home with the smell of alcohol radiating off of her. She didn't answer any of my calls, and had even left work early today. And when I had called her, she completely brushed me off.

Chaeyoung: That doesn't sound like Jisoo Unnie at all... She's been acting strangely ever since that day she got that package.

Jennie: I know. Which is why I thought that you might know something about why she's acting this way.

Chaeyoung: I'm sorry unnie. But I'm just as clueless as you are.