I Know [m.yg]

Yoongi smiled softly at you, restraining the urge to reach over and boop your nose with his finger. He wasn't allowed to do that anymore. The formal and detached behavior you had now taken on with him continually reminded him of that. He honestly didn't know how you could act like there was nothing between the two of you, how you could casually treat him so...normally.

An aching pain spread through his chest. He couldn't deny it anymore, he missed you, and he was miserable. I guess it's true, you really only know what you lost when there's no hope of getting it back.

"Hey Yoongi, would you mind doing the samples for the drum line? I've gotta finish editing these synths."

He stared for a bit. Anything would be better than this. Anything that showed that you cared. He wanted you to scream, yell, refuse to ever look at him again.

But here you were, holding steady eye contact with him as you waited slightly impatiently for his answer.

He cleared his throat. "Yeah sure." His voice came out sounding husky anyway, and he hoped you attributed it to the recent lack of speech instead of him barely holding himself back from crying his eyes out.

Other than the occasional drum sounds Yoongi was sampling, and the clicks of computers, the two of you worked in complete silence.

If Yoongi used his imagination just a little bit, he could imagine it was any other day. Everything was still fine, and at the end of the day the two of you would walk home, hand in hand. Maybe discuss something random like the possibility of a universe that worked exactly like Star Wars, plot and all. Maybe instead a comfortable silence, the sounds of the city and your quiet breaths the only noises.

The two of you would get home, maybe make dinner or order out. End the evening reading or watching a movie. He would lie on the couch with you and relish in your warmth and adoration. Fall asleep with you filling his arms and mind.

He felt his eyes start to sting a little. That would never happen again.

A few hours in, your stomach began rumbling, and that's when you remembered you'd forgotten to eat breakfast. Knowing Yoongi, he'd probably forgotten too.

You looked up at him. "Yoongi, do you want to get something to eat?"

He almost couldn't believe what he was hearing. The words flowed through his ears, so familiar. Memories of the days before once again running through his mind. When lunch breaks meant he could sit with his hand quietly holding yours, as the two of you would walk around Seoul, trying to find a place to eat. He remembered how he would watch you, and become overwhelmed with the sudden urge to press his lips against yours. How you would blush when he did so, since neither of you were much into PDA. Out of character yet still so wonderful.

"I-I...sure." He could barely hold the excitement from his voice. Even if he no longer got to touch you, he could at least relive it partially.

"Great. What do you want?" You asked, getting out your phone, and he faltered.

He didn't know why he'd gotten his hopes up.

"I'll have whatever." He muttered, and you nodded, typing rapidly into your phone.

The atmosphere was awkward now that neither of you were working, and he cleared his throat, looking at you nervously.

"Hey, Y/n-"

You looked up at him curiously. "Yes, Yoongi?"

He wanted to scream, cry, and tackle you to the ground pressing his lips to yours all at the same time. The scene was so familiar. Your large, innocent eyes. The way his name rolled off your tongue.