Ch 4 ~ Daughter of Elrond

I slump back against the wall of my cell and let my mind wander. I could not believe I had lost my brothers in this horrid, dank forest! And now I was stuck in this hell hole with no way to get out and find them.

That is, if they haven't become a spiders breakfast yet.

I sigh bleakly.

Even though I know that Elrohir and Elladan are excellent fighters, I can't help but feel worried for them. They are my brothers and Ada would have my head if something were to happen to them!

I hear the sound of footsteps approaching and quickly jump up, only to hit my head on the too short ceiling in my cell. I rub my head and only then realize that the headpiece I have been wearing on my way here is gone. I look down and realize that my sword is missing too, as well as my bow and quiver.

I notice the footsteps getting closer and start to yell.

"Hey!" I shout, trying to get my head through the bars to see who is coming.

Maybe it is that dark-haired elf coming back with news of my brothers. Instead I find myself looking into the frosty blue eyes of a blonde elf with a cold face. I instantly feel angry at his expression and glare back.

"Does someone wants to tell me why I am being held in this cell for so long or am I going to just rot in here?" I ask, my tone demanding.

The blonde elf just looks at me with a stern gaze and raises his eyebrows.

"I think you have been made quite aware why you are here." He replies, his voice emotionless.

I roll my eyes.

"Oh sure, I've been told the same lie since I've got here." I say angrily.

"But I know that someone in this kingdom recognizes me as a daughter of Lord Elrond otherwise my headpiece would not be missing!"

He smirks.

"My apologies for my bluntness. " He says sarcastically. "But you do not look like a daughter of Rivendell to me."

I scowl.

"You know, that's the second time someone has said that to me today and I'm getting quite sick of hearing it."

He merely shrugs.

"I'm telling the truth." He says, feigning innocence.

I roll my eyes.

"And if anyone in this kingdom had any brain, they would know that the first daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrían looks more like her mother than her father or any of the rest of her siblings!"

I pause.

"But I doubt many of you here have the brain capacity to remember such a thing." I say, giving him a false sweet smile. "As I recall, the Woodland folk are not as wise as the rest of their kin."

That statement strikes a nerve. The blonde elf scowls and swiftly pulling out a dagger, holds it to my neck.

"It would do you well to also recall that the Woodland folk are much more dangerous than their kin." He snarls, pressing the dagger into my skin. I feel a sting and a bead of blood rolls down my neck.

I grit my teeth but smirk. His denial of my identity gives me the advantage. With a skill faster than even most elves possess, I twist his dagger out of his grip and with one fluid motion slip it under his chin, positioned to slit his throat.

He looks at me with resentment but I can see in his eyes that he knows he has been bested.

"It would do you well to remember," I breath, a sly smile playing on lips. "...that any daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrían is of both Noldor and of Woodland descent."

My bright green eyes flash, and I press the dagger into his neck as my smile drops into a scowl.

"Better be careful, elf... I am both wise and dangerous."